Is there any way to save ROUTES to another drive for a "Rainy Day"

robynne

Hi All, Is there any way to save routes which on my computer in case of a "rainy day".Do I save from Contents manager or from Packages.To me it would quicker to copy all routes from my TR19 basic than to redownload all routes. Also how to reinstall these routes ..Perhaps this possible or maybe not ..Any help is appreciated and thanks to anybody for the infomation how to save and reinstall..Cheers, Robynne.......

In Content Manager, right click on the route you wish to back up and select export to CDP, select where you would like to store it and hit enter. The route will still be in trainz, but is also backed up as a CDP. I would also advise to view the routes dependencies and select any modified assets and save them to a single CDP also.

Hi All, Is there any way to save routes which on my computer in case of a "rainy day".Do I save from Contents manager or from Packages.To me it would quicker to copy all routes from my TR19 basic than to redownload all routes. Also how to reinstall these routes ..Perhaps this possible or maybe not ..Any help is appreciated and thanks to anybody for the infomation how to save and reinstall..Cheers, Robynne.......

If by 'rainy day' you mean 'in case of storm and tempest', where you want to save (backup) ALL the routes and content you have downloaded, then you could use Windows File Manager to copy your entire "local data folder" to a thumb-drive or external hard-drive. I do this regularly. To find your "local data folder" go to the "Install" tab in the Trainz Launch Window. If worst comes to worst you can then recover your routes by copying the backup back (although you will lose any changes made since the last copy was taken).

If you are concerned about saving/restoring individual routes see Graeme's post above.

Last edited:
For what it's worth. I use the E: Drive on my desktop for all Trainz programs. This isolates all the routes and sessions; and allows me to use my regular C: Drive for the bulk of all other programs installed.

I also use an external hard drive to store any trainz routes and sessions that I have on my distribution list. It keeps everything tidy.

Cheers,
Roy

Packages just contains the Payware DLC, your downloaded stuff from the DLS is in the Original folder, edited and your creations and anything from a third party site, anything labelled locally Modified are in the Local folder. Safest way to backup is keep a copy of the whole of your userdata folder.

Either manually copy it or user a file sync / backup program which is invariably quicker.

I'd also suggest keeping a separate copy of anything downloaded from a third party site, they have a habit of disappearing so you can't download them again if anything goes wrong.

HI All, Another question "User Data Folder".To save, just copy C:\users\robynne\App Data\local\N3Vgames\trs19\build. and save to another disk .Is that all we do.Robynne.......

As long as that is the exact folder and path specified in your Trainz Settings, (Install Tab), Local Data Folder text field in Launcher for that particular build.
Suggest rename your User data folder to something descriptive. Mine reads: D:\Userdata_Platinum as I have other installations of Trainz on various SSDs.
Moving your UserData folder away from the Users directory on C:\ makes it easier to back up as a simple, regular copy of the entire folder (to another HDD) is usually sufficient.
My TRS19-Platinum program files are on one SSD (C:\TRS19) and the bulky user data folder on another SSD (D:\Userdata_Platinum) to avoid filling up my boot drive.

Back