Crash To Desk Top Caused By TRC Trainz+ Beta 108941

sd24b

This post is as an FYI

I have narrowed down this asset below causing a crash to desk top.

I have Trainz + Beta build number 108941.

1. I tried to add the asset to an existing route and just selecting it from the menu/toolbar (not sure of the correct term?) not even placing it on the route it immediately caused a crash to desktop.

2. I opened a blank baseboard route and just selecting it from the menu/toolbar (not sure of the correct term?) not even placing it on the route it immediately caused a crash to desktop.

3. I turned my settings to the lowest for all fields, database rebuild and issue was present.

4. I deleted it, and re-downloaded from the DLS, did a deep data base rebuild and the issue still is present.

The asset in question is:

<kuid2:458053:100686:16> TRC 3 Trigger for closure of rail crossing.

I gave up on the project for now and moved on for now.

Thank you

Last edited:
This post is as an FYI

I have narrowed down this asset below causing a crash to desk top.

I have Trainz + Beta build number 10841.

1. I tried to add the asset to an existing route and just selecting it from the menu/toolbar (not sure of the correct term?) not even placing it on the route it immediately caused a crash to desktop.

2. I opened a blank baseboard route and just selecting it from the menu/toolbar (not sure of the correct term?) not even placing it on the route it immediately caused a crash to desktop.

3. I turned my settings to the lowest for all fields, database rebuild and issue was present.

4. I deleted it, and re-downloaded from the DLS, did a deep data base rebuild and the issue still is present.

The asset in question is:

I gave up on the project for now and moved on for now.

Thank you

Please note:

After further investigation,

This issue only occurs with :16. I up kuid'd :14 to a number above :16 and the program no longer crashes to desk top. :)15 cannot be up kuid'd as it is built in).

I know this may cause other issues but this was only to further narrow down the issue.

Deleting the up kuid'd version and returning to the :16 again caused the crash to desktop.

I gave all the info in this post Tony normally replies when anyone tries to point out an error in this busted game (as this is a beta I fully expect bugs, however the errors that are present in TANE SP4 and Non-Beta Trainz 19/+ are infuriating)

I only wished to provide information to hopefully cause it to be less busted in the future.

If it can't be reproduced by others then nothing can be done so oh well.

Thank you

Not always the item that causes the crash that is actually faulty, may be a dependency that causes it to be faulty.

That asset has three dependencies

<kuid2:61392:4053:22> Named Objects Library (TANE SP4 and later)
<kuid2:61392:8191:12> TRC 3 InterlockingTower library (SP2 and later)
<kuid2:458053:100979:4> TRC library

The top one is a DLS item make sure you have that version and not a previous one.
The other two are builtins, check they are not showing as locally modified or open for edit, if either revert to original.

I'm guessing it may be the library is out of date, pguy has done a lot of updates for his stuff scripts and libraries.

I gave all the info in this post Tony normally replies when anyone tries to point out an error in this busted game (as this is a beta I fully expect bugs, however the errors that are present in TANE SP4 and Non-Beta Trainz 19/+ are infuriating)

Use the bug reporting system. As Tony and others have often stated, they do not monitor every thread in every forum 24/7.

Bugs are usually always infuriating but without reporting them then this "busted game" - as you so eloquently stated - will stay "busted". It is important not to let your emotions take over from your objectivity. It is a beta (as you stated) so bugs are to be expected and the purpose of beta testing is to find them, as you have done. Job well done! Be pleased with that.

Have a look at your Trainz Settings under Dev and ensure your compatibility mode is on 'Maximise Compatibility'. I was having the same problems until I changed from 'Maximise Performance' to 'Maximise Compatibility'; all fixed now.
Regards
Bob

I had this issue with the same asset, and every now and then, other specific assets give me similar trouble. Sometimes a corrupted script is the problem. Here's how I fixed it.

I am currently using version 14 of the TRC trigger. Version 16 caused me issues as well.

Start by running a database repair. When you regain control, delete version 16, download version 14 (Right click on old version > Download this version)

Go to your TRS19 cache ([Your TRS19 Data Folder] > Cache > Libraries), and delete everything in that folder. Use the CTRL+A command to select all, right click on an item, and hold shift as you click delete. That will skip the recycle bin and permanently delete everything.

Reboot your PC (probably not necessary, but it's best to start on a clean slate)

Start TRS19 and enter surveyor, then search for the offending asset. This will take some time since it must reload scripts that were kept in the cache folder you deleted.

Let us know how that goes.

Matt

Last edited:
I had this issue with the same asset, and every now and then, other specific assets give me similar trouble. Sometimes a corrupted script is the problem. Here's how I fixed it.

I am currently using version 14 of the TRC trigger. Version 16 caused me issues as well.

Start by running a database repair. When you regain control, delete version 16, download version 14 (Right click on old version > Download this version)

Go to your TRS19 cache ([Your TRS19 Data Folder] > Cache > Libraries), and delete everything in that folder. Use the CTRL+A command to select all, right click on an item, and hold shift as you click delete. That will skip the recycle bin and permanently delete everything.

Reboot your PC (probably not necessary, but it's best to start on a clean slate)

Start TRS19 and enter surveyor, then search for the offending asset. This will take some time since it must reload scripts that were kept in the cache folder you deleted.

Let us know how that goes.

Matt

I did something similar to what you stated above. I am using version :14 which I up kuid'd to version :87 which will stick out to me to delete once :17 comes out.

Not always the item that causes the crash that is actually faulty, may be a dependency that causes it to be faulty.

That asset has three dependencies

<kuid2:61392:4053:22> Named Objects Library (TANE SP4 and later)
<kuid2:61392:8191:12> TRC 3 InterlockingTower library (SP2 and later)
<kuid2:458053:100979:4> TRC library

The top one is a DLS item make sure you have that version and not a previous one.
The other two are builtins, check they are not showing as locally modified or open for edit, if either revert to original.

I'm guessing it may be the library is out of date, pguy has done a lot of updates for his stuff scripts and libraries.

I have everything in my install up today religiously with DLS items. I did go back an verify but nothing out of date at this time.

Use the bug reporting system. As Tony and others have often stated, they do not monitor every thread in every forum 24/7.

Bugs are usually always infuriating but without reporting them then this "busted game" - as you so eloquently stated - will stay "busted". It is important not to let your emotions take over from your objectivity. It is a beta (as you stated) so bugs are to be expected and the purpose of beta testing is to find them, as you have done. Job well done! Be pleased with that.

I spend quite a bit of time on Discord helping others with this game and the frustration of trying to help them may have boiled over.

I do get why this game has so many issues, the main one being trying to keep backwards capability with assets (routes) dating back to UTC.

It is the nature of the software that we will have script errors but the fact that this is a DLS asset is what brought me to post.

Additionally, This wasn't a time sensitive bug and filling out the bug reporting system can be useful for the developers but not so much for the community.

Posting on the forum will provide resources for the fellow users along with the developers (if they care to monitor the forums) for free beta feedback (well less than free as we are paying them to Beta test their game).

But this is still just a hobby so no need to get stressed only passing along info as I was surprised I was able to isolate the issue down to one item.

I actually enjoyed narrowing it down.

Thank you all for the help even if I sound like a cranky (insert here something non-offense)

sd24b

Last edited:
Please confirm if this happens in the latest build 109037.
If so, which items are installed, and what are the steps to repro.

Please confirm if this happens in the latest build 109037.
If so, which items are installed, and what are the steps to repro.

Open a new/blank route select try to select the object:

Game crashes to desktop.

Rinse and repeat. I already outlined the issue in my prior post Tony it is the same in version 109170.

The only solution is to up kuid the prior version.

This quest for multi player causing crash to desk top with all my routes outside of blank tiles.

After this latest update 109170 there is nothing I can do without a complete reinstall at this point which until it gets too cold to do things outside up here I'm not going to have.

Back