Nvidia Experience

peeet2005

Hello!
I recently installed new drivers for my NVidia graphics card and installed the additional GEFORCE® EXPERIENCE program by the way. Its task is to influence the graphics settings in games in order to get the best visual experience. And unfortunately, in the list of games for which ready settings are already made, there is no one from the Trainz series. Neither the older ones nor the newest. And yet it is in Trainz that graphics cards are subject to the most stringent requirements and it would be advisable to use the factory-adjusted settings made by the graphics card manufacturer. I talked to a representative of NVidia why Trainz simulators are bypassed and I got a reply that no one asked them to do so. Neither nobody from N3V, nor any group of users, and they choose their titles mainly based on the popularity of users. I think there are enough users of the Trainz simulator to help them set up their computer graphics. Is it a big problem to contact Nvidia if they don't mind?

That is a great question. As much as I hear my CPU fan kick in every time the database is accessed, I have wondered if it is really optimized to the GPU, but I am not sure what the NVidia settings themselves should be.

I have two laptops, one with a GTX960M and one with a RTX2070. I have the icon turned on in the tray for the cards, and when Trainz starts, the icon lights up indicating Trainz is running on the GPU. The GeoForce Experience program does not detect Trainz, but don't worry, the Trainz program seams to take over the GPU on its own. So unless you have a need for the 'Experience' don't waste your time trying to use it for Trainz.

If N3V does not talk to nVidia perhaps there is an existing setting, for a different program, that will improve performance in terms of speed AND quality. I stopped using the Experience thing a long time ago because there was a tendency to use it as a marketing tool for games that encourage violence.

Years ago, like about 15 years. there was a TRS2004 profile but since that program made little or no use of the GPU it didn't do much. I've found with the in game settings I can tweak the performance pretty well for my setup. The issue is that unlike most games that have a fixed world, Trainz's demand on the GPU varies based on the route. Or to put it another way, one size doesn't fit all routes.

William

I have found there's better performance without the GF Experience. That little "utility" constantly phones home to NVidia to allow you to show off your game online to all your friends. When I removed GFE, I found my overall system performance was better. That thing is like a virus.

Christopher824, thanks for mentioning the tray icon. I did not even know it was available, but now I have found it and turned it on in the settings. JCitron, I kind f agree, I have trouble even logging into the thing and then there doesn't seem to be much there. I may uninstall it as well..

Just did a test, TANE, TMR17 and TRS19 all seem to work fine together within the GPU, no help from the experience thing, no settings changed on the cards;

NVIDIA Tray Status.png

...That little "utility" constantly phones home to NVidia to allow you to show off your game online to all your friends. ...

I believe it also lets you know if there is a graphics driver update that, I suppose, is useful but you can easily check yourself regularly. I get a little annoyed at programs that want to phone home and report your usage statistics. Yes, I know they are required by law to keep your information private but...

Just another utility that turns your super fast I9 PC into a retro 8086 PC.

Did you know that if you let Discord know you are playing Spotify then your Discord server will happily tell everyone what tune you are playing.

Last edited:
I believe it also lets you know if there is a graphics driver update that, I suppose, is useful but you can easily check yourself regularly. I get a little annoyed at programs that want to phone home and report your usage statistics. Yes, I know they are required by law to keep your information private but...

Just another utility that turns your super fast I9 PC into a retro 8086 PC.

Did you know that if you let Discord know you are playing Spotify then your Discord server will happily tell everyone what tune you are playing.

I didn't know that about Discord. If I did let people know what I listen to on Spotify, which I don't use, they would think I'm boring! I check periodically for driver updates, mostly after seeing announcements on updates in the tech magazines. I found it's good to wait for a bit before updating anyway.

I agree on the statistics parts. I turn that off all over wherever I can.

I didn't know that about Discord. If I did let people know what I listen to on Spotify, which I don't use, they would think I'm boring!

Isn't that against the privacy / data protection laws? publicising what you are listening to.

Nvidia Experience is one experience I do not wish to repeat ;o)

Last edited:
Its like a social media thing you agree to when you sign up

I guess it's something that most of us would frown upon, thus, Malc's comment below.

Isn't that against the privacy / data protection laws? publicising what you are listening to.

Nvidia Experience is one experience I do not wish to repeat ;o)

My experience as well. My machine runs a lot better without it as well.

I have found there's better performance without the GF Experience. That little "utility" constantly phones home to NVidia to allow you to show off your game online to all your friends. When I removed GFE, I found my overall system performance was better. That thing is like a virus.

Hi John ,

How do you remove GFE ?

Hello John,

Thank you for the 411 on GF Experience, I like most software, but I hate, rather despise marketing techniques :( such at this at the expense of Consumer privacy etc. I removed mine too........:)

Hello John,

Thank you for the 411 on GF Experience, I like most software, but I hate, rather despise marketing techniques :( such at this at the expense of Consumer privacy etc. I removed mine too........:)

That's good. You're machine performance will be better too. I noticed awful lagging and an extra busy network which I attributed back to GFE and when I uninstalled it, everything was better overall.

Back