Show missing assets

lenscab

Hi,, In surveyor mode and in the display menu it says show missing assets, but when I click on it nothing happens and I know there are some. What should happen and also on the screen I see some orange outlines of empty boxes, what do I do about them please?.

Those orange frames are how Trainz shows you where those missing assets are present on the map. They are 'missing asset indicators' so-to-speak.
Often, you can get an idea of what exactly is missing from the context/ environment you see around those frames. (Was it a building, tree or texture, perhaps? If it appears on track, perhaps it is a consist or loco/ wagon? If multiple tracks terminating at a focal point, maybe a turntable? , etc.)
You can quickly determine whether they are essential for the route or session and then decide whether to hunt out the missing items on the DLS or from DLC or simply substitute another similar item (or not).
Content Manager will help you to find the KUIDs for the missing items if you list the dependencies for that route or session in CM.
And you can always choose to 'Remove missing assets...' from the menu in Route edit mode if you decide hunting down the originals is not worth your time and effort...

Those orange boxes are the missing assets being shown. They are shown graphically in Surveyor, not as a list. If you want to see the missing assets as a list then you will need to select the route in Content Manager and select List Dependencies - but any missing assets will be shown either as "unknown" If they are from unknown sources or "Available for download" if they are on the DLS.

One option you have is to delete all missing assets - select Delete missing assets from the tools menu, or turn the orabge boxes off by unchecking "Dsplay missing assets" in the display settings menu.

Those orange boxes are the missing assets being shown. They are shown graphically in Surveyor, not as a list. If you want to see the missing assets as a list then you will need to select the route in Content Manager and select List Dependencies - but any missing assets will be shown either as "unknown" If they are from unknown sources or "Available for download" if they are on the DLS.

One option you have is to delete all missing assets - select Delete missing assets from the tools menu, or turn the orabge boxes off by unchecking "Dsplay missing assets" in the display settings menu.

It would be really helpful if the orange open-frame boxes had the KUID floating above them so we know which is which. Generally we know what something is by its location - i.e. a clump of orange boxes generally indicates trees, etc., but it would still be good to know if it's worth deleting something or searching for the asset.

This too can go hand-in-hand with and upgraded Replace-Assets tool which allows replacing assets by KUID as well as the other options.

Back