Windows 10 build 2004

JackDownUnder

My IT techo has indicated to me that the Windows build 2004 has some compatibility issues with some games.

This may be why my own route is stalling when in both Surveyor and Session.

Just ran one of the S&C routes and everything appears fine so I must have a problem with my route.

Any other thoughts please

I have been running build 2004 for some time now as part of Microsoft's Windows Insider program and I have not had any problems with Trainz TRS19 Platinum and Trainz TRS19 SP1.

Last edited:
I'm an "IT techo" and an MS Windows Insider and I can also assure you that Build 2004 is most likely NOT the cause of your route stalling.
I have tested most TRS19, T:ANE and earlier Trainz builds extensively over past few months with most beta builds and final public versions of Windows 10 and found zero OS compatibility issues (with Trainz).
Suggest check for faulty assets or recent additions made to your route/ session for duplications/ overlap errors, etc.

No problems here with Build 2004 and Trainz. I have to confess that I do also (occasionally) play a few other games, and so far have not come across any issues there either.

Same here. I also tested this extensively on the Insider Build as well and always report any incompatibilities with programs. During all the testing, TRS2019 has run fine.

Many thanks for your responses to my question,
Last night I looked at memory usage while opening my route in session mode and determined that my graphics card was performing great with plenty of memory available.
This was not the case with my 16 Gb ram.
It disappeared very quickly and I now suspect this may be the problem.
My rout is large when compared to some of the S&C routes and session similar.
Route over 790 Mb (S&C largest 38 Mb) however Edinburgh Dundee route is 970 Mb.
Session over 4.5 Mb (S&C largest <3 Mb)
I will be upgrading to 32 Gb probably today if my IT guy has time.
This also is why I am unable to run it on my Macbook, see below for spec.
CPU: Model Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHzDisplay Device: GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER on TU 104-A GPU
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2.53GHz, Mid 2009)
Display Device NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

Last edited:
I mentioned this earlier. After I upgraded to 2004, my game started stuttering unbearably. Went back to 1909 and it worked just fine. I did it again thinking it was fixed, but no.

I mentioned this earlier. After I upgraded to 2004, my game started stuttering unbearably. Went back to 1909 and it worked just fine. I did it again thinking it was fixed, but no.

One of things I read about, not related to 2004, is the Windows Gaming boost actually causes bad performance for some machines. Disable that and let the OS run normally and things run ALOT better. I noticed the same myself on my older hardware. As always when upgrading, ensure all your system and video drivers are up-to-date as well.

Having bed problems? Can't sleep comfortably at night? Then switch to Loom and Leaf matress https://bestmattressesreviews.org/loom-and-leaf-mattress-reviews/! The Loom & Leaf mattress is sold in two firmness levels which are relaxed firm and firm. Check it now!

Last edited:
After numerous efforts to correct the situation I have made a copy of both my Route & Session then deleted all Portals in the Session.
Currently running it.
I will report results on this reply when the Session completes, will take all day.
That did not work stales and freezing remained.
Now running with all non NER engines removed, also ran delete missing assets as I found a non NER engine in the clouds.

Last edited:
Back