Trainz for android?

Google want their 30% so look in the app store. It is limited by the way, even more so than Middleton for laptops.

Cheerio John

According to Tony, it was a port done by an outside contractor. It is really little more than TRS2004 ported to tablet form. I got it from Amazon's Kindle store many years ago and found it very awkward to use.

William

According to Tony, it was a port done by an outside contractor. It is really little more than TRS2004 ported to tablet form. I got it from Amazon's Kindle store many years ago and found it very awkward to use.

William

I had it as well and found it not only to be awkward, but very slow as well. I think it looked a lot like UTC from what I remember it looking like.

Maybe somewhere in between UTC and TRS04. It runs pretty well on my 2nd Gen Kindle HD but the virtual joystick for moving around was hard to control. I'll fire it up the next time I have that Kindle on and look at it closely. I have trouble remembering the differences between UTC and original Trainz. Original Trainz you couldn't place rolling stock except at trackmarks.

William

I took one for the team and downloaded the app again from the Amazon store. Seeing it again I remember that at some point it was updated. It has the name Trainz Simulator HD and the entire install is a whopping 250 MB. It appears to be now based on the TS2010 interface with same menus and color scheme. That is all good. It does have compatibility mode so the trees look as they should.

Four routes are included: British Midlands, The Black Forest, City and Country USA and Outback Australia

Trains run very well with just a few shudders.

Now the awkward parts, moving around requires tapping one of two mode icons to enter rotate mode or move mode then dragging on the screen. So to lay track means choosing a track and tapping on the baseboard to set the spline point. Drag to extend the track and tap to set the end spline. Only the view stays the same, to follow as you lay segments you must tap the move icon, drag the view, turn off the move mode, add more track splines, move the view. Same for rotate mode. You will really miss your mouse very quickly.

You can log into the DLS but you are limited to just routes and sessions made with the builtin assets in the app. Those assets are what you had in TRS2004 for the most part. I didn't check to see if there were working industries but I would think there are at least the builtin Auran ones like Coal Mine and Power station.

William

Back