Copy kuids in CM

lenscab

Is it possible to copy the kuid numbers from CM to a text file instead of having to write them out by hand, please.
Len

Here is a great way to grab a listing of multiple assets. Such as a list of "unknown" assets.
In CM, select your assets, right click, select "List Assets in New Window." Doing so will provide a new window with only those assets and they will all be listed in the Kuid field at top. With this showing just "copy" the kuid list in the kuid field and then paste to your app, such as Notepad or TextEdit(Mac).

Does anyone else find that the Crtl+C (or the Edit-Copy menu method) do not work every time? I often need to repeat the operation several times before it will be successful. No idea why.

When assets are selected (highlighted) in CM, if you Alt+Tab for some reason, when back to CM, they still look like selected, but Ctrl+C won't work until you deselect and select them again.

I can believe that happens, but I think the failure to copy also happens without any use of Alt-Tab. I really should study it more closely, but I usually have better things to do than be N3V’s quality control scout.

The CTRL+C/CTRL+V thing doesn't always work. I think it's a wonderful Windows 10 bug because I've had that with other applications as well usually when I need to copy something that's complicated and I've searched all over the place for.

You can do it from the menu at the top if Windows isn't playing, it doesn't always, highlight one of the items, in the Edit menu > Select All > Copy then paste in note pad or whatever you use.

Other than that Ctrl A and Ctrl C usually works.

I think the issue with Ctrl A Ctrl C not working is related to MS messing with the clipboard in Win10 making it retain a list, I got rid of it.

Edit menu Copy is no solution, it has similar flaky performance to Ctrl-C in my experience (as I indicated before).

I have got into the habit of test-pasting into Notepad to see what exactly CM has put in the clipboard. Quite often, it will copy one thing successfully, but then fail to replace that with whatever I try to copy next. I don't see this kind of erratic copy/paste behaviour in any other program on my computer, just with CM.

Edit menu Copy is no solution, it has similar flaky performance to Ctrl-C in my experience (as I indicated before).

I have got into the habit of test-pasting into Notepad to see what exactly CM has put in the clipboard. Quite often, it will copy one thing successfully, but then fail to replace that with whatever I try to copy next. I don't see this kind of erratic copy/paste behaviour in any other program on my computer, just with CM.

I do exactly the same with a permanently open Notepad ++ file open on my desktop at all times, but I have had problems copying stuff from a browser to another application, but it pastes fine into a text file fine so that becomes my scratch file when I need to do any serious copy-paste operations.

I do exactly the same with a permanently open Notepad ++ file open on my desktop at all times, but I have had problems copying stuff from a browser to another application, but it pastes fine into a text file fine so that becomes my scratch file when I need to do any serious copy-paste operations.

Snap :hehe: Except I use Ultra Edit because I've written some macros to help with pruning long lists. Took me a while to get the macros right but now it saves me an incredible amount of tedious work.

Snap :hehe: Except I use Ultra Edit because I've written some macros to help with pruning long lists. Took me a while to get the macros right but now it saves me an incredible amount of tedious work.

Good old UltraEdit. I have that tucked away on my disk somewhere. Those macros can be pretty powerful. Notepad++ has that capability as well and I think there's one in there for Trainzscript.

Back