Keeping Previous Beta Release and killing the "new version" prompt

1611mac

- - . -
My Update stream is "Trainz Plus Beta'

I currently have a 108640 install and I also have a 108856 install. I want to keep both for now. The 108640 keeps prompting me for the update to 108856 (or any later update coming).

Can I "kill" the prompt somehow? What happens if I change my 108640 update stream to a non-beta stream? Will 108640 stay "intact" and "normal?"

Changing streams wont effect the version you have installed. It is not like membership were you loose DLC content you don't own.

Changing streams wont effect the version you have installed. It is not like membership were you loose DLC content you don't own.

I thought perhaps it might "confuse" app settings if my installed release is actually a "higher" release than what the update stream is set to.

Once I changed the stream path just to test the availability of TANE SP4 beta and since then I am annoyed by new version prompt every week regardless the stream path I have set. I want to stay on SP3 without being continually bothered by that.

The update stream is only a link to find new ones. I have 106618 and set it back to TRS19 stream to stop new versions showing.

The update stream is only a link to find new ones. I have 106618 and set it back to TRS19 stream to stop new versions showing.

Thanks. It's a relatively minor thing but:
1.) If I get in a hurry, some day I'll click "update" and there goes my previous version,
2.) Just wanted to make sure it didn't do anything "secretly magically awful" by pointing backwards like giving me a "TRS Early Release" launch panel (joke) :)

Thanks stagecoach.

Back