NSW Great Northern Railway

Its disappointing to see these errors come up.

The errors dont appear in my version of TANE SP4 or TRS2019 so I can only suggest you do a bulk swap out of the offending signals to the equivalent signal which Ive used in most parts of the route..
There is definitely some strange issue with the signals and how the scripts/meshes etc interact in sessions - I wont be using these again .
PG

Its disappointing to see these errors come up.

The errors dont appear in my version of TANE SP4 or TRS2019 so I can only suggest you do a bulk swap out of the offending signals to the equivalent signal which Ive used in most parts of the route..
There is definitely some strange issue with the signals and how the scripts/meshes etc interact in sessions - I wont be using these again .
PG

I have no issues with the signals either. I recommend that anyone that's having issues with them update to the latest version. There were errors previously, however, the errors are gone since the update.

I have no issues with the signals either. I recommend that anyone that's having issues with them update to the latest version. There were errors previously, however, the errors are gone since the update.

@JCitron
Mine were already at the current versions, so a no go for me.

@PGibbons
I did run the route, beautiful build. Have to say it has to be the nicest AU route I have seen to date in Trainz :)
I'll switch out the signals, nor problem.

Rico

@JCitron
Mine were already at the current versions, so a no go for me.

@PGibbons
I did run the route, beautiful build. Have to say it has to be the nicest AU route I have seen to date in Trainz :)
I'll switch out the signals, nor problem.

Rico

That's too bad. I don't know that the difference would be, or what I did to make the signals work. Have you tried removing the old ones completely then downloading the new version fresh?

I agree as well that this is definitely one of the best Australian routes we seen to date.

John, I think it may be an SP3 issue. Unless you are behind updating your signature, I recommend you stay at the 2019 version you are at. I am at 11951 and having the same issues with the signals. As seems ever the case, when they fix some things, they seem to break others. From what I can tell, ANYTHING with a .fbx file in it will come up faulty, which makes me wonder what the point of .fbx is/was.

During the build of the route I set up a 5 baseboard 'flat earth' route replicating all of the stations, yards etc so I could test all of the signalling. While this helped I also had errors running a session end to end. Some tests would work then next time a failure at a different place. I tested by deleting all the signals and re-installing in different sequences with the same result, - sometimes work then fail. So I decided to swap out all the ranger_51 signals leaving only the few that worked. I tried adding the signals in different orders, distant, then home then locals, and various combinations. Also adding signals in Surveyor, saving the route and then editing the session. After lots of attempts and checking I had all of the most recent versions I decided to go back to the tried & true older versions. It seemed that there is some problem in the way the scripts and meshes were being stored in the route or session layer but it's beyond my expertise to diagnose.
All my testing and building was done in TANE SP4 as I'm not sure that TRS2019 is stable enough yet in some areas and I'm not a fan of some of the so called improvements and user interface.

Its disappointing that these problems persist as the semaphore signals certainly add to the look of a route based on a pre-electric light era.

Thanks for the comments above.
I debated whether to delete more baseboards to reduce the size but this didn't make much difference to the load times. The 5M DEM really does produce very realistic topology with high settings for scenery and view distance. I was surprised myself how realistic some of the distant views looked once the 'forest' of trees was added.

I Have a couple of smaller projects on the go now including another section of the North Coast line from Coffs Harbour to Grafton so back to work. As usual, I hope to finish this 'by christmas' .
PG

I don't think anyone blames you, it's just a fact of life with Trainz nowadays. My only wish is that I had backed up my SP1 and SP2 versions before applying SP3. I am of the opinion that N3V should make available all the SP builds to any paying customer of their variant, so if they wish to roll back to an earlier SP they can. I know, that would be a lot of different downloads sitting out there as DLC because there are so many different varieties of TRS2019, but I think it is necessary. I am ever the optimist, upgrading the minute they release to customer, and this time I am living to regret it. I guess I just don't expect them to break what wasn't broken before. C'est la vie, c'est la guerre, it is what it is. I still have great appreciation for what you have created, and I am awed by the hours of work you put into this route. Tres Magnifique!

Hi Peter
All I can say is "what a magnificent Route!"
Yes some assets are missing, but you have captured the look of the New England. You have also produced (or recreated) a really challenging drive.
Thank You
Tom

My only wish is that I had backed up my SP1 and SP2 versions before applying SP3. I am of the opinion that N3V should make available all the SP builds to any paying customer of their variant, so if they wish to roll back to an earlier SP they can. -snip-

I have miniumum of 3 installs at any given time. Sometime 4. Right now I have SP2, SP3 plus (stable), and SP3 plus beta. Whenever SP4 arrives I'll keep SP2, SP3, and roll the plus and plus beta to new versions. Like you, I wish I had kept an SP1. Upon new release I don't update "old" version, I keep it. I install a fresh copy of the new release for further plus and beta work.

Now back to the thread:
PGibbons - thanks for sharing the route. I appreciate all those who create routes and share them.

It's a beautiful route and it's a pleasure driving it -- takes me back to 2012 when I paralleled it with a rented car and marveled at how well an obviously disused right-of-way was holding up.

I encountered three missing dependencies on download. One I was able to resolve but am still missing two:
<kuid2:208722:22459:1> steve123, which may be some sort of electrical gear. The only one the DLS credits him with is some cable (22444).
<kuid:68830:40004> pgibbons , this falls in the range of some of your station signs. You may just have overlooked uploading it.
The one I resolved was <kuid2:102657:20:127> advance, which seems to have got bollixed on the DLS. It should be just :20:1> . Easy fix.

Running in T:ANE SP4 all the signals have been working so far.

Thank you for all your work!

:B~)

That one of steve123 is <kuid2:208722:22459:1> NSW Electrical Cable Trough

If you send him a PM he'll send it on to you.
Cheers,
Roy

Thanks for the comments and interest.
The assets mentioned are certainly not essential and can be deleted without any concern.
My kuid:68830:40004 is one I'm still witing for the original author to approve of my changes and use.
PG

Hi just found this yes 3 missing here dont seem to matter ... running the deb set Northern Tablelands Express on it at moment did try the 620/720 set as well both needed to be modified fie Tane ... downloaded elstoko's new nswgr semaphores might have a play with them would suit the hayday as you described? Only thing roads look a little to modern but maybe the australia 50's traffic might look ok?

Thanks for your great work, having fun

P.S.. found a site on the internet with a map of the nsw lines, if you click on the section your intrested shows station, clicking on them gives pics intresting Arimdale station signal diagram in it looks like it has colour lights on the operational southern end but senaphores at the non operational northern end makes me think did the northern section now closed ever get upgraded?

Tom

Last edited:
Got to ask a question after returning to have another look at that pic of the signal diagram I found 2 tracks that are missing were they removed at one point?

1. Storage road #1 curves off at portal end before the 2 points for the loops
2. Wool storage road after the sinding that goes to the shed and 2 fuel sindings before the shed it curves off.

Sorry best way I can describe them \\

Not sure if I am allowed to post the link but here it is
https://www.nswrail.net/locations/show.php?name=NSW:Armidale&line=NSW:main_north:0

Thanks for the link to the DVD getting one will have to have a look to see if its the same

Tom

Hi I have the route but can not find the following assets anywhere as Half the track Is missing without some of these dependencies They are

kuid2:82412:614143:1
kuid2:208722:22459:1
kuid:523:19723413
kuid2:102657:20:127
kuid2:82412:614175:1
kuid2:523:1116:5
kuid:68830:40004
kuid2:82412:614142:1

Any Help Appreciated

Back