Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NSW Great Northern Railway

Thanks for comments & Good luck to all who wish to amend/upgrade/improve any aspects of this route.
    I really just hope to be able to provide the raw material for those who want to take it further.
    As for the 2 assets mentioned above they are not critical so I would just do a 'delete missing assets' from Surveyor.
    My 68830:40004 is a scenery item which I havnt got OK to alter from the original creator yet so can be deleted, i'm unsure why Steve123 asset isnt on DLS but can also be deleted.
    PG.
    Win10-64bit, Intel I7, 32GB RAM, TANE on SSD, GTX1050Ti.

United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham

Thank you. I have driven the route from end to end and it is fantastic. I have only limited experience in the area having ridden the train from Sydney to the Blue Mountains Park but you have captured the look and feel of the area as I remember it.

William

Peter
    You said in your post that you will make sure that the Nsw Great Northern Railway Route could be merged with Warwick to Wallangarra route.The elevations are correct but trainz will not allow me to merge as Warwick to Wallangarra is payware.I there any way around this
    Thanks
    Robert2004-1
    TRS19

Quote Originally Posted by Robert2004-1 View Post
    Peter
    You said in your post that you will make sure that the Nsw Great Northern Railway Route could be merged with Warwick to Wallangarra route.The elevations are correct but trainz will not allow me to merge as Warwick to Wallangarra is payware.I there any way around this
    Thanks
    Robert2004-1
    TRS19
    Not an expert on this, but I think the process is to use Content Manager to create your own personal clone of Warwick to Wallangarra. Said clone can then be edited or merged to your taste.
    Current Work-In-Progress: Updating DSEPR01 The REAL Black Forest to TANE SP4 standards, including superelevation hopefully.

Can you or someone tell me exactly how this is done .
    Thanks
    Robert2004-1

I think the best solution is to edit both routes and create a copy under your own Id (Use save as: ) Keep the original routes as backup so if (or when) you stuff up you can start again.
    Check in Content manager to see which is the largest route in Mbytes.
    Open this route in Surveyor and use the Merge to select the other. You will probably have to have a couple of tests to see if any baseboards need to be deleted. The delete of baseboards can be done in either of the routes. If all works then save and edit the merged route to clean up and check.
    WARNING: you need at least 32Gb of RAM for the Merge process to be successful.
    I havnt tried this myself yet but probably will at some stage.
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by wreeder View Post
    Hi Peter,

I just installed this into TANE SP4 and I have two missing assets. One is by Steve123 kuid2:208722:22459:1 and another by a bloke named pgibbons kuid:68830:40004 which appears to be a billboard. I looked on the DLS and steve123 only has one item uploaded and it is a different KUID. Maybe you can contact the pgibbons fellow and ask him to upload the billboard, please.

William
    I just checked steve123 assets in my files and the missing asset is <kuid2:208722:22459:1> NSW Electrical Cable Trough

Roy

As far as I am ware, you still can't merge payware routes, even if you clone them. Cloning allows you to edit them, but not merge them (unfortunately).

I have a couple of payware routes that I really wish I could merge, but can't. It's also why I probably won't get any more payware via N3V.

Cheers,
    Piere.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by Piere View Post
    As far as I am ware, you still can't merge payware routes, even if you clone them. Cloning allows you to edit them, but not merge them (unfortunately).

I have a couple of payware routes that I really wish I could merge, but can't. It's also why I probably won't get any more payware via N3V.

Cheers,
    Piere.
    I feel the same way. It's too bad because there are some nice routes that would work really nice merged together, but that's now useless in this case.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 109641

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    I feel the same way. It's too bad because there are some nice routes that would work really nice merged together, but that's now useless in this case.
    Hi John,

Is it not possible to make a personal copy/clone or the payware route, edit the config.txt to remove payware tags, allocate it a fresh kuid number using your own number, change the route name slightly, then import it as a content folder?
    Current Work-In-Progress: Updating DSEPR01 The REAL Black Forest to TANE SP4 standards, including superelevation hopefully.

United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham

What you are discussing is a violation of the CoC. Please delete your post.

9. Giving, discussing, requesting, or linking to information that is either directly or indirectly related to obtaining pirated or unauthorized copyrighted materials, serial numbers, serial number generators and No-CD patches may result in an immediate ban.

Looks like my sign at Wallangarra was rather prophetic...

It seems that the line stops here unfortunately.
    However I cant see the problem if you have paid for an item its yours for personal use only so no need for the lawyers to get involved..
    I'll never make a route again which connects to any payware so they can all keep their $'s.
    PG

But the funny thing Peter is that I never paid for the Warwick to Wallangarra route because it comes with an automatic free download with Tane & TRS19.Who ever composed that route,
    why cannot they do a free version on the DLS because of that.
    Robert2004-1

Quote Originally Posted by anathoth71 View Post
    Hi John,

Is it not possible to make a personal copy/clone or the payware route, edit the config.txt to remove payware tags, allocate it a fresh kuid number using your own number, change the route name slightly, then import it as a content folder?
    It won't work as the Payware route and dependencies reside in a separate folder to DLS and modified assets and cloning the folder will break the deps.
    Graeme

Quote Originally Posted by wreeder View Post
    What you are discussing is a violation of the CoC. Please delete your post.

9. Giving, discussing, requesting, or linking to information that is either directly or indirectly related to obtaining pirated or unauthorized copyrighted materials, serial numbers, serial number generators and No-CD patches may result in an immediate ban.

Er..........no.

You are assuming that the original payware route that we are discussing cloning has been illegally obtained by the user. This has never been suggested in this thread. We are discussing making an editable/mergeable copy of a route properly obtained and for personal use, not distribution to others.

Don't get jumpy there fella !