Thread: custom enginesound for tane

United States of America, california, not telling you (well its actually millbrae)

Default custom enginesound for tane

i want to make an enginesound for pagroove's e2 shinkansen. (purple stripe). i tried to make it using audacity and video pad but it did not work.

the enginesound is from a youtube video uploaded in august 2011.

here are the stuff i did to make it.

Audacity: The video becomes earrape after converting it to wav.

Video Pad: The video turns into someone saying random text after converting it to wav.

Blog Entries

I made a custom engine sounds a few times you need a converter to do it. Download here:https://www.freemake.com/free_audio_converter/ I recommend a complete sound editor this one works bust: https://www.audacityteam.org/ Open any sound file in trainZ and replace the existing sound files with your custom files make sure the sounds are between 5 to 10secs long. You can do the same with horn sounds as well.

Using Audacity works well I can help you with that its really not hard to do ones you learn how, you need to install the plugins ypu need to beable to export into wav format.
    Last edited by VIA6415; September 8th, 2020 at 07:18 AM.

United States of America, california, not telling you (well its actually millbrae)

https://www.freemake.com/free_audio_converter/ Its a pc only supported file type. I downloaded some similar ones but they won't open because it is from an unknown developer.

My settings are set to download apps from the App Store and Unknown developers.
    Last edited by Unlited; September 8th, 2020 at 02:45 PM.

is there a way in audacity to turn the volume down? (i dont use it)

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

I SPAM reported creshbunny.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 106618

kcwright_rm, in Audacity you use effects-amplify and go with, maybe -2db and try a preview. It takes some experimentation. You can probably also use Equilizer and lower all the bands.
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.

ah, i use a video editor that exports audio, it will just reduce the volume and make it non ear rape

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kcwright_rm View Post
    is there a way in audacity to turn the volume down? (i dont use it)

yes there is.

I made an enginesound a few days ago from the video but it became earrape after i added them to the cars.