Realistic Speeds for roads

stouthm

Get over it
I was actually playing the game instead of working on the route when I noticed that a vehicle on the road next to the Amtrak consist I was operating was staying even with the loco. The loco was doing 90 mph and so was the vehicle. Not realistic. Are there Yarn/Yarnish roads available that have realistic speeds? If not, what we need are roads that have their speeds posted. I know there are some invisible roads with speeds posted but I have a lot of different roads that have different speeds so I would be looking at a lot of work. Any suggestions?

In the config.txt, there should be a traffic-speed tag

[h=2]traffic-speed[/h](Only applicable to splines which have 'isroad' set.)
Defines the carz speed limit of the road in meters per second. Carz currently travel at up to 80%-110% (depending on the car) of the speed limit, except when overtaking. This tag does not relate to trains in any way.

http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/KIND_Track

This might be helpful for converting the meters per second to mph

https://www.bing.com/search?q=calcu...40EB69433343BCAAB9C7A6B1618665&FORM=QBLH&sp=3

I was actually playing the game instead of working on the route when I noticed that a vehicle on the road next to the Amtrak consist I was operating was staying even with the loco. The loco was doing 90 mph and so was the vehicle. Not realistic. Are there Yarn/Yarnish roads available that have realistic speeds? If not, what we need are roads that have their speeds posted. I know there are some invisible roads with speeds posted but I have a lot of different roads that have different speeds so I would be looking at a lot of work. Any suggestions?

This is a problem I noticed a while ago. Even if you correct the issue so the cars travel at actual speed it doesn't look right. Me and a friend created a table in increments of 1mph to get a rough speed that translates well in game but we are UK based so it would all be in MPH. It looks good and I now have my own invisible roads at varying speed limits which add some life to my cities. Couple in multidirectional junctions, the ability for road traffic to change lines and it looks quite lively down there.

I was actually playing the game instead of working on the route when I noticed that a vehicle on the road next to the Amtrak consist I was operating was staying even with the loco. The loco was doing 90 mph and so was the vehicle.

Not seeing anything wrong with that...:hehe:

Clearly you've never been in the back of your grandad's Renault 25 V6 Turbo chasing down the Virgin Records special excursion :udrool:

Back