Correct key for the route did not found

sura

FMA-member from Budafok
Hi developers and players,

i got a problem. I build a Belgian theme route under TS19 since a year and try it sometimes (not too often) in quick drive sessions. As i tried to quick drive a newly built section yesterday i got the following message:

9dILam.jpg

In some seconds the following message appeared on the screen:
Lp6A5i.jpg

My question is: how the heck is that possible that my VERY OWN route, of which i built every centimetres (or inches) - which route i never released - turned payware, for which i must pay, or i cannot quick drive or drive it any more? Who went here crazy? Is it kinda new anti-promotion campaign, or what?

Somebody really does not want me to play Trainz. :'(

SurA

Use CM to check your route. When CM displays your route is its status listed as "Installed, payware" (or something similar)?

Is the session you are playing displayed in CM as "Installed, payware" (or something similar)?

I have never come across a route/session, payware or not, that displays those messages and the wording of those messages is not standard N3V English, which is making me suspicious.

Pware,

1.) Thx for Your help.
2.) My session is recorded as "session" in the CM and not as "Installed, payware".
3.) I met this phenomena first time yesterday evening.
4.) The message is really suspicious, it should be like this:
Correct key for the route was not found (or sg. similar, i am not a native either.)

I got no clue about what happened...
:mop:Maybe a database cleaning will help. Any other advice is strongly awaited :(

SurA

Weird alright! Would suggest investigating the generated hyperlink to "http://teamofthetrainzclub/" implied 'ownership' in the 2nd message. (Generous offer by them for you to pay for your own route!)
Couple of things to check:
1. The location and name of the original route on your hard disk drive. It should be in your Local Data Folder as specified in the Trainz Settings Install tab.
2. The location and name(s) of any Sessions you've created that are associated with the abovenamed Route - also most likely located in your Userdata folders and NOT in the Trainz program folder for that particular build.
If necessary - and following a full database repair run, see if you can find an older, saved version of the Route that is known to be uncontaminated and reinstate that. Do you have such a backup stored say, in .cdp format?

You've downloaded and installed the wrong asset which requires purchase the map. Find and delete it.
Send me the full list of assets (kuids) from your map, I will point that you have to remove.

Last edited:
That's "not a Registered user of Trainz" - your profile shows no registered versions of Trainz...

Most people will tend to ignore posts by anyone who doesn't have a registered version.

I'm also not understanding how one can download an asset that turns the whole route into payware.

Colin

I would suggest something has been downloaded that's running a script that's generating that message, possibly an update recently installed.

Sura, I would not be surprised if you have been hacked somehow. I recommend downloading something like Malwarebytes free version and running it on your computer to scan for malware.
Teamofthetrains.club appears to be a Russian site, according to Google

That is interesting what you have right there OP, as I never seen a such message before from my years of Trainzing.
It doesn't look like to be a N3V thing, as if you didn't buy the route, it would be inactive in CM.
I wonder what asset could be causing that..

Cheers

Unfortunately I can not help you but to suggest to contact the N3V helpdesk and show them this issue.

The route itself looks gorgeous!

For the OP,

ou should consider running a full antivirus/ransomware scan.

We use Trend Micro, their website has a free scanner tool (i.e. it will run and report problems & try to fix them), but it doesn't give full time protection.
Without disrespect to team of the trainz, it looks like you've found something nasty in a download. If it's from the DLS, then N3V and all users would be concerned...

Best of luck with sorting this out ,

Colin

ps - for Tony - "Our English we speak good. ;)" - you mean I wasted hours reading & practising "Let's talk Strine"? (https://www.google.co.uk/url?)sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjshYj7zdbrAhUP36QKHZDvCkYQFjAEegQIBhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FAfferbeck_Lauder&usg=AOvVaw3Oz65wagyqZVcuWjSEm5XW)

Without disrespect to team of the trainz, it looks like you've found something nasty in a download. If it's from the DLS, then N3V and all users would be concerned..

My understanding of the way that the DLS (and probably the DLC) works is that executables, such as viruses, malware, etc, cannot be added to a .cdp file. Scripts are a different matter but have to be written in the scripting language used by Trainz. So it is unlikely that the issue is malware, etc. But I am prepared to be proven wrong on this.

From the above discussions, it is more likely that an asset from a third party site is the cause of this problem. Probably the asset is payware. It may even have allowed the user a "trial period" (if that is possible in scripting) before posting a "nag" reminder on the screen that the trial period is now over. Or it is possible that the asset was installed just prior to running the route/session and is displaying the "nag" message.

My theories.

Back