open ended questions in subject are useless. Need help try this!

Seane2c

You know I'm still fairly new here, and I don't want to point out anything in particular (because it would be a waste of my time and others). There are plenty of topics here that interest me but it does take time on a daily basis to go through all the great new info that people are providing. Not to mention I do like to help people that have a particular issue that I have recent experience that I can help.

But when I see topics like say for example "I have a question" just put the question in the subject line. I can't speak for others, but it really helps myself to avoid topics that don't apply to me or I can't help in. If your question or topic is to the point your more likely to receive the attention or answers your looking for.

I skip plenty of messages each day as I'm busy with work, my route, life and don't have the time. I'm sure others are in the same boat.;):wave:

Thanks

Sean

While I broadly agree, you are dealing with human nature and the bad habits of social media. I sometimes find that even when a post does have a more descriptive title than "I have a question", a great deal of the explanation in the body of the post can be confused and misleading. This can lead to an exchange of several posts before a clearer picture can sometimes (but not always) be revealed. I don't know what, if anything, can be done about this. Sometimes these types of posts can lead to some interesting off topic discussions.

Yeah I know what you mean. It' cool though when topics lead to others. I don't think you can change the subject here once you've started. But I know some forums you can.

But it's not really an issues, I just hope some people understand that people are willing to help, but not everyone has the time.

Thanks

Sean

Back