Newsletter - No News

boleyd

I did not see any news in the Newsletter. I did see a sales pitch. Another commercial perversion of language.

Its been 3 weeks since the last one. "And suddenly nothing happened".

Which is strange, because if you have the time to delve into various forums posts from NV3 made in the last couple of weeks there have been a number of teasers. A couple I caught are... progress in multiplayer Surveyor, and an improved TurfFX interface (I think these maybe available now to those risk taking 'plus' people, but are hopefully coming to the rest of us down the track). Seems they're not news worthy though.

Oh for the good old days, when apples tasted like apples, and the newsletter had titbits of news in it.:'(

Last edited:
Simple answer, we’re busy making Trainz better and haven’t got sufficient time or resources to spend preparing “great things are coming soon” posts. We think in the long term you’ll be happier.

The release of Trainz Plus Beta today Just missed the cutoff for the newsletter and we really wanted a soft launch to ensure things go as smoothly as possible.

http://www.trainzportal.com/News/view/enjoy-trainz-online

Simple answer, we’re busy making Trainz better and haven’t got sufficient time or resources to spend preparing “great things are coming soon” posts. We think in the long term you’ll be happier.

The release of Trainz Plus Beta today Just missed the cutoff for the newsletter and we really wanted a soft launch to ensure things go as smoothly as possible.

There are plenty of 'great things are coming soon posts'. They just don't seem to filter through to the newsletter, which seems a little neglected. But I appreciate that the resources to do so might be better priotised to something else. And I thank you for taking the time to respond.

In the long term (and I've been around Trainz for 18 years) I'm always happier :)

Last edited:
Interesting news in the link. Online games are not really my cuppa of tea but looks like MP might be usable at last.

I wish N3V luck with it.

William

Tony - that is a very informative and beneficial info page. It may take time to create info like this but it will pay off for N3V in the long run with happier Trainzer's and less time spent by N3V in answering questions and in fewer support tickets. Thanks! I've not tried MPS yet but I'm grabbing the beta release now and plan to give it a look see.

Interesting news in the link. Online games are not really my cuppa of tea but looks like MP might be usable at last.

I wish N3V luck with it.

William

I've played a few, but only among family and a few friends.

The Multiuser TRS2019, is done quite well. It's basically TRS2019 online. Being part of the beta since the beginning, we've seen the product run from a bumpy start to a fullblown operation. There is one route that rivals many of the large routes in size and depth and includes interactive industries, long mainlines, branches, and even a harbor.

I would think one would want to be pretty experienced to do MP. I have enough trouble keeping up with sessions that tell me I should have done them faster or where I run into trouble with AI for being behind schedule.... :confused: And then if I try to run faster I get hit for "Rough Handling" or "excessive speed on curve" when I feel like I am already at a crawl....

I have had "rough handling" using AI. I just ignore it. I have not seen it on 106618. I have never driven a train.

I cannot begin to understand why the 'rough handling' back seat driver/commentator was included in TS2019. I model Uk 19th century railways with loose coupled goods trains with no continuous brakes so the nagging gets to be really annoying. Mostly I use the steam controls, but occasionally I'll get an AI driver to do a simple 'drive to' job and they get nagged just as much as I do.

Its that annoying workplace safety culture that kills all the fun. Back in the 19th C they did not have any of that nonsense (but they did have appalling high industrial fatality and accident rates with no compensation or workers insurance).

The rough-handling sensitivity is a known bug since this was introduced in TRS2019. The sensitivity is supposed to be turned down a bit at some point, but that might happen soon(tm). The way it is now is if there is any kind of extraordinary movement such as coupling, uncoupling, or even acceleration, the message comes up. It's as if a fart will set it off so I ignore the message as well.

Just a quick post to acknowledge the improvements in the latest Trainz Newsletter. The addition of Zec's 'Community Post' and the 'Trainz Tips' are a nice addition to the string of NV3 new product details which have dominated recent newsletters.

(although new product details are also welcome :)).

I really liked Zec Rails pics! I would love to see a route that really looked like that! But the sheer amount of vegetation would probably set the frame rates through the floor. :) Hoping to see a fall or holiday sale soon! Maybe spooky low prices! :hehe:

I really liked Zec Rails pics! I would love to see a route that really looked like that! But the sheer amount of vegetation would probably set the frame rates through the floor. :) Hoping to see a fall or holiday sale soon! Maybe spooky low prices! :hehe:
I liked Zec's shots too, looks like the Lilydale or Belgrave lines. Disagree about the vegetation frame rates though, I have an epic route in production with masses of trees and frame rates contantly above 30. It appears to be the use of vegetation splines which drag down frame rates and to a lesser degree too many TurfFX layers. There is certainly news in the newsletter, but how much value it is, is up to the individual to decide. Maybe member contributions may help increase its news worthiness.
cheers
Graeme

Don't know about the remainder of the world but here in the U.S. it is (and has been forever) election time and I'm happy to read anything that doesn't deal with elections! The Trainz email fills the bill regardless of what it contains. :D

When trainz has been quiet, you know they are working on something big. I don't find updates particularly useful (In my opinion).:hehe:

Back