Info on the route "FeatherRiver_2019v1"

stouthm

Get over it
I always wanted to download this route but for some reason never got around to it. For those who have downloaded this version, there have been 86 downloads, would you be so kind as to share your thoughts on this route? I don't mind downloading a slew of assets as long as I will use them but really hate to have to delete those same assets if I won't care for the route. Thanks.

I'm curious too. It would be welcome if the author had posted a description and screen shotz.

"Slew of assets." I think more like 1,000+ from the Download Station. I wonder how many missing assets.

Hello Phil,

I downloaded just now, only had enough time to install and check for missing Assets......

Here are some quick pictures......NO assets show missing, but if you look at the photos, Texture and some Plant, Schrub or Tree Splines? Are definitly showing white lines, indicatint they are missing....I will do a DB rebuild, why I am gone......Have some things to do for Mr's Blue...

First glance, I love the terrain, Mountains............And the Route is nice size, not too large or to small.............Hope this will help.....Bye......

Blue, thanks for the pics. If your DB repair doesn't help with all those white lines then it might be a big job to bring this route to a somewhat reasonable looking route. I for one do not like to use tree splines so I might be looking at planting several thousand trees not to mention the textures. I will keep watching this thread and see what you come up with. Again, thanks for your input.

Blue, thanks for the pics. If your DB repair doesn't help with all those white lines then it might be a big job to bring this route to a somewhat reasonable looking route. I for one do not like to use tree splines so I might be looking at planting several thousand trees not to mention the textures. I will keep watching this thread and see what you come up with. Again, thanks for your input.

Will do,

Believe it or not, I ran out of here so fast, forgot to start DB Repair........I got it going now, probably 20 mins or so, and I'll have another look........And report back......

I hope too the Author will post some additional info on this Route, I live in So Cal, USA, and I have only seen Feather River Pictures, never gone to see in Northern Ca....

Here is some links and Photos of what has gone on in Feather River area....If I recall, this is one dangerous River with very swift Currents, and heavy Storms back in the day, Snow too......:)

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=feather+river+railroad&atb=v207-1&ia=web

Here is Route Wiki too.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feather_River_Route

Little bit of Prologue:

The Feather River Route is a rail line that was built and operated by the Western Pacific Railroad. It was constructed between 1906 and 1909, and connects the cities of Oakland, California, and Salt Lake City, Utah. The line was built to compete with the Central Pacific Railroad (and later Southern Pacific Railroad), which at the time held a nearly complete monopoly on Northern California rail service. The route derives its name from its crossing of the Sierra Nevada, where it follows both the North and Middle Forks of the Feather River. The route is famous for its impressive engineering qualities and its considerable scenic value. All of the route is now owned and operated by the Union Pacific Railroad; however, the Union Pacific has transferred significant portions of the route to other lines. The portion still called the Feather River Route by the Union Pacific runs from the California Central Valley to Winnemucca, Nevada and has been divided into three subdivisions named the Sacramento, Canyon and Winnemucca subdivisions.

Check back in later and I will add results if any to this MSG Block...

Take care ole friend........:wave:

Update @2200Hrs: DB Repair done, Route still in same condition.............Wish I had better news tonight........:(

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. Maybe Phil will work his magic with this route, get permission from the author and upload it. Hint. One can only hope. I may still take a look at it.

The white lines represent missing spline assets such as tracks or regular splines. Since splines are now tracks, these show up as the placeholder for missing track.

The following information comes via the lead developer for N3V Games.

The dashed white lines isn't "a missing asset" - it's the asset that Trainz turns to when it can't find the asset it is supposed to draw there. These white lines are, in themselves, an asset. You can find this asset in CM. It's called "Missing spline", and it's by Rob. Open it for edit. Change the KUID from <kuid:523:1124> to <kuid2:523:1124:1>, and remove the whole privileges container (containing the line "permit-listing 0") Then install that asset as if it were a new asset - e.g. drag the folder from windows explorer back onto the CM interface. Once it's installed, revert the original one (you can't commit changes to it as it's a built-in asset). Result: The dashed white lines now show up in the menu, and can be selected just like any other track spline. You could lay some down if you wanted. More to the point, you can now use the 'replace items' tool to change them to any track spline you have installed...

I will add this. When you install the folder, use the install content option. This will save time. Also don't panic when the creator is shown as AURAN. I hope this helps some one.

Notes:

<kuid2:523:1124:1> ==== Update from <kuid2:523:1124:2> to <kuid2:523:1124:3> for T:ANE. All other procedures apply.

Need to change .texture file using PEV's Images2TGA.

Back to topic:

The route looks interesting. If the content can be found, including the textures, it might be worth looking at, but to be honest seeing all the missing content makes me feel tired because I don't feel like going on an asset hunt.

I sent a Pm today to tr4me (route author) asking about one of his missing assets, and if he could pop in here and communicate with us re: the state of this route.

He has zero activity on this forum, so hopefully he'll see the PM, and pop in :eek:

Rico

Last edited:
I thought I'd give it try too. Download it and it needs a LOT of work! Interesting tidbit: "missing spline" is generic. It applies to ALL splines that are missing: track, roads, scenery, etc. A bulk replace doesn't work. Each missing spline needs to be manually replaced. In the case of Feather River, that's a lot of splines.

It's an interesting map and might be fun to have, but I'm not ready to put that much time into it to get it usable and I'm retired, so time really isn't the issue. ;)

The route's author Tr4Me may not post here often but he did upload two default sessions in February this year. These two sessions while named similarly are not related to the route - I downloaded and checked the config.txt files.

I installed the route and show no missing dependencies.

EDIT:

Well, I opened the route, and it still has missing content in one section with nothing missing when checking in Content Manager. This means that the author had run Delete Missing Assets before uploading. If this is the case, it's actually a lot easier because content can be easily copied from other locations on the route and blended in.

With that said, I consider the route unfinished rather than missing content and this will become another project to dabble with someday and give myself something to do.

Last edited:
Back