Norm Hart

If he is in California, then he may be away from home because of the wild fires. The northern half of the state has a huge problem with fires cutting power lines while the temperatures reach more than 100 F in a lot of places. It is a real mess. Many people have been forced to leave their homes.

William
I am one of them. The whole thing is a mess but the tables are turning in favor of the firefighters.
I do hope Normhart is OK. All the smoke in the air is pretty bad even for us healthy younger people.

Just want to echo all the well wishes for Norm but what really gives meaning to the phrase Trainz Community is all the care and concern being expressed here. It is wonderful that not only do people here care about Trainz but they also care about the people who care about Trainz. Bravo!

Just want to echo all the well wishes for Norm but what really gives meaning to the phrase Trainz Community is all the care and concern being expressed here. It is wonderful that not only do people here care about Trainz but they also care about the people who care about Trainz. Bravo!
My wife , who has nothing to do with computers or any social media whatsoever , cannot comprehend that anyone can make friends with anyone who they haven’t met . I’ve been really upset when people like Ben Dorsey, who I corresponded with almost daily with for two years when he was making models for the Uintah , die , it hits me as hard as losing a “real” friend , as she would put it. Trainz is a real community , we are all dependent on each other for advice , route creation and assets, we may have our differences , but we all have a love of railways and that unites us far more than any other divisions we might have in politics, religion etc. I even get concerned about members who I don’t particularly get on with if they disappear from the group, there’s a couple I’ve not seen post for a while and I wonder if they too have passed on.

Well said, both Dangavel and Martinvk. As much as I dread what news may come, I hope we hear something of Norm soon. I feel the same loss as everyone else here, and not knowing what has occurred makes closure difficult.

I also miss Norm's posts and I hope that he can spare a minute to let his thousands of fans know how he is doing.

Wishing you well Norm, the community is with you.

I too enjoyed his posts. Here's hoping for the best for him and his family.

And thanks to the folks who pass on what they know.

I have also enjoyed his posts/screenshots.

I have sent Norm an email last night but as yet I have have not had a reply. I do hope he is ok.

Well whatever Norms fate, I have to state that the forum has taken a dive in the number of interesting topics since he stopped posting, in particular, no one has the same verve and enthusiasm, if there were new assets, be it payware or freeware , he would enthuse and post screenshots of it in game. Quite honestly , For me, the place has lost a lot of its shine. Who could step up to the plate and demonstrate that degree of energy that Norm displayed ( and given that he had a terminal illness, still continue to post as frequently.) it would take a great deal of cash and time to replicate Norm....

Evening all,

I have read all posts tonight, and wish the very best for Norm, hopefully he is still with us......

May God Bless him for the best possible outcome..........

I too look forward to his amazing posts...........

Having worked 60+ hours for the last 3 weeks I haven't had anytime for Trainz or the forum. Imagine my surprise then dread when I started reading this thread. Norm is a great asset to Trainz and this forum and I will continue to hope for a miracle. He is a great help in helping me build and refine the Levi & Appalachian and is my sincere hope he will return soon.

Hang in there buddy as I will wait for your return.

Dave

I wrote Norm some time ago about a test route via mail and got this answer today :'(

Fr., 30. Okt., 23:21 (vor 17 Stunden)
an mich

I am sorry to inform you that Norm died on August 27th.

but I do not know who has responded. Rest in peace, in memory of a great person!

Well at least we sadly now know what happened, Norm you will be missed greatly, gone but never forgotten. :(

He knew that this would happen at some point, and he was ready to go when it did happen. May Norm rest in peace. My condolences to him and his family. I always liked him in this community.

Back