Norm Hart

If he is no longer with us, it is unfortunate news.
He always supported me and showed my work since I participated in the forum 2 years ago.

Wherever you are, I hope you continue to enjoy the trains, friend; from all my heart

Javier

Norm helped me out so much when I had engines with faults or I had no idea where to find a missing asset for a route. His screenshots helped me find so many different and varied engines, that most of what I have in my collection is because of what he showed me. I'd ask him what route he was showing and he'd guide me to that as well.

Norm has been a very big reason why I've enjoyed Trainz as much as I do. I wish I had gotten into this hobby years sooner, so I would know Norm better.

I echo Javier's thoughts and hope that Norm has found peace and can still enjoy trains.

Heinrich505

This is a very unsettling time, I pray that he is okay and my best wishes to his family.

I've been thinking about this all day. Wondering what to say. I don't know him, but I do follow his contributions to the forums.

Travel well Norm Hart, from another who appreciated his interest in my route when it was released.

Last edited:
Norm helped me so many times helping people find assets to my routes that was invaluable! I sent him a PM a while back just checking on him and that I was thinking about him. He told me no worries and he knows whats coming.
Take care Norm and everyone else,
Dean

Just to let everyone know that I've checked Norm's profile and he was last on 4-Sept-2020, so hopefully some good news.

Cheers

When I joined the White Pass & Yukon Route project led by Jango, Norm Hart was the coordinator. Unfortunately he had a medical setback and I was asked to take over the coordinator role. Norm very generously sent me electronically all of the reference material that he had already accumulated. This let me "hit the ground running" as they say. I really appreciated that help and I wish him all the best.

Derek

This place is not the same since he ceased to post , if a new route, locomotive or rolling stock was released and he was aware of it, many screenshots were sure to follow. The longer the silence , the more I fear the worst has happened. I have checked obits and death notices, but for all we know Norm may have used an alias, I think he was residing in California, but again, that's only supposition.

its kinda ironic you say that Derekc75, i just got that route, its very nice, but back on the point, i hope he is still with us.

This place is not the same since he ceased to post , if a new route, locomotive or rolling stock was released and he was aware of it, many screenshots were sure to follow. The longer the silence , the more I fear the worst has happened. I have checked obits and death notices, but for all we know Norm may have used an alias, I think he was residing in California, but again, that's only supposition.

Says California on his profile, not that you can guarantee what people put in profiles is actually correct, no sign of any activity on his profile since that last entry, it's not looking very good at the moment.

If I was to be looking for an obituary for the great man, it would be under the name Norm Hartnett. I'm hoping there isn't one. Norm, rest up if you're still with us - in peace if you are not.
Graeme

If I was to be looking for an obituary for the great man, it would be under the name Norm Hartnett. I'm hoping there isn't one. Norm, rest up if you're still with us - in peace if you are not.
Graeme

Well I bit the bullet and checked on Legacy.com. The good news is nothing is listed. My gut doesn't feel good about this either which is why I checked. Let's hope he's just taking a long break from the forums.

Graeme

Well I bit the bullet and checked on Legacy.com. The good news is nothing is listed. My gut doesn't feel good about this either which is why I checked. Let's hope he's just taking a long break from the forums.

Norm is often short for Norman, so you may want to look for Norman Hartnett.

If he is in California, then he may be away from home because of the wild fires. The northern half of the state has a huge problem with fires cutting power lines while the temperatures reach more than 100 F in a lot of places. It is a real mess. Many people have been forced to leave their homes.

William

Agree with all the praise and hopes for Norm. A wonderful inspiration, appreciator of everything, and more of a creator than he may have thought.

Back