Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Norm Hart

its kinda ironic you say that Derekc75, i just got that route, its very nice, but back on the point, i hope he is still with us.

Quote Originally Posted by dangavel View Post
    This place is not the same since he ceased to post , if a new route, locomotive or rolling stock was released and he was aware of it, many screenshots were sure to follow. The longer the silence , the more I fear the worst has happened. I have checked obits and death notices, but for all we know Norm may have used an alias, I think he was residing in California, but again, that's only supposition.
    Says California on his profile, not that you can guarantee what people put in profiles is actually correct, no sign of any activity on his profile since that last entry, it's not looking very good at the moment.
    Malc

Quote Originally Posted by dangavel View Post
    This place is not the same since he ceased to post , if a new route, locomotive or rolling stock was released and he was aware of it, many screenshots were sure to follow. The longer the silence , the more I fear the worst has happened. I have checked obits and death notices, but for all we know Norm may have used an alias, I think he was residing in California, but again, that's only supposition.
    If I was to be looking for an obituary for the great man, it would be under the name Norm Hartnett. I'm hoping there isn't one. Norm, rest up if you're still with us - in peace if you are not.
    Graeme

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by grazlash View Post
    If I was to be looking for an obituary for the great man, it would be under the name Norm Hartnett. I'm hoping there isn't one. Norm, rest up if you're still with us - in peace if you are not.
    Graeme
    Well I bit the bullet and checked on Legacy.com. The good news is nothing is listed. My gut doesn't feel good about this either which is why I checked. Let's hope he's just taking a long break from the forums.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 106618

I am concerned as well have enjoyed his screen shots and contributions to the community truly hope he is okay.

United States of America, Georgia, Rocky Face
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by grazlash View Post
    Graeme
    Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    Well I bit the bullet and checked on Legacy.com. The good news is nothing is listed. My gut doesn't feel good about this either which is why I checked. Let's hope he's just taking a long break from the forums.
    Norm is often short for Norman, so you may want to look for Norman Hartnett.
    Owner of Freeman Locomotive Works.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by jordon412 View Post
    Norm is often short for Norman, so you may want to look for Norman Hartnett.
    I did search that way.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 106618

I hope he is ok as well.
    Last edited by dundun92; September 23rd, 2020 at 02:21 PM.

United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham

If he is in California, then he may be away from home because of the wild fires. The northern half of the state has a huge problem with fires cutting power lines while the temperatures reach more than 100 F in a lot of places. It is a real mess. Many people have been forced to leave their homes.

William

Agree with all the praise and hopes for Norm. A wonderful inspiration, appreciator of everything, and more of a creator than he may have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by wreeder View Post
    If he is in California, then he may be away from home because of the wild fires. The northern half of the state has a huge problem with fires cutting power lines while the temperatures reach more than 100 F in a lot of places. It is a real mess. Many people have been forced to leave their homes.

William
    I am one of them. The whole thing is a mess but the tables are turning in favor of the firefighters.
    I do hope Normhart is OK. All the smoke in the air is pretty bad even for us healthy younger people.
    Will Champion

Blog Entries

Just want to echo all the well wishes for Norm but what really gives meaning to the phrase Trainz Community is all the care and concern being expressed here. It is wonderful that not only do people here care about Trainz but they also care about the people who care about Trainz. Bravo!

70337:
    TRS19 Platinum, build 105100, Win10 Pro 64 bit, i7-7700 3.6GHz 16 GB, GTX 1070 Ti

Ditto!
    Dean

Quote Originally Posted by martinvk View Post
    Just want to echo all the well wishes for Norm but what really gives meaning to the phrase Trainz Community is all the care and concern being expressed here. It is wonderful that not only do people here care about Trainz but they also care about the people who care about Trainz. Bravo!
    My wife , who has nothing to do with computers or any social media whatsoever , cannot comprehend that anyone can make friends with anyone who they haven’t met . I’ve been really upset when people like Ben Dorsey, who I corresponded with almost daily with for two years when he was making models for the Uintah , die , it hits me as hard as losing a “real” friend , as she would put it. Trainz is a real community , we are all dependent on each other for advice , route creation and assets, we may have our differences , but we all have a love of railways and that unites us far more than any other divisions we might have in politics, religion etc. I even get concerned about members who I don’t particularly get on with if they disappear from the group, there’s a couple I’ve not seen post for a while and I wonder if they too have passed on.
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

Well said, both Dangavel and Martinvk. As much as I dread what news may come, I hope we hear something of Norm soon. I feel the same loss as everyone else here, and not knowing what has occurred makes closure difficult.
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.