Norm Hart

Norm took me under his wing, so to speak, when I first started this Trainz adventure. He always posted the coolest engines, and when I tried to download them, many weren't working right. I sent him a few PMs and he was always quick to answer and provide small details on how to make some older engines work again. He was always my go-to source for new things to explore about Trainz, and had some great suggestions for routes.

I'll miss his help and his wonderful sense of humor, that always seemed to infuse itself into his posts. I wish I had started my Trainz adventure sooner, because then I would have known Norm for a longer period of time.

Still, I'm richer for having known him for as long as I did, and being able to count myself as one of his many friends. Rest in peace, Norm.

Heinrich505

Norm was such a positive beacon of light in the Trainz community. He seemed to have only good things to say about new content and its creators. My interactions with him were quite minimal, but I always saw him encouraging many in the community which is something that is often sorely needed. He seemed quite a generous fellow as well, and certainly quite the content collector - and of course, as others have already mentioned, he had a great sense of humour to boot. It's a shame to hear of his loss, and we are certainly worse off without him now. May he rest in peace.

SM

Wasn't aware Norm had passed until now. May he rest in Peace, as he is no longer suffering.
I wonder if there is any way we could let his family know how much he was appreciated. Any ideas ?
Seems I saw someone in this thread say they had gotten a PM from Norms account relaying the news of his passing, possibly from a family member. Maybe someone could try PM'ing his account back?

May he rest in peace., I always enjoyed his screen shots and his comments . I had communicated with him he was very helpful offering solutions to fix some problems i had in trainz, Although I never met him in person I considered him a friend . He will be missed. May he Rest in Peace.

I wrote Norm some time ago about a test route via mail and got this answer today :'(

but I do not know who has responded. Rest in peace, in memory of a great person!

did you email him using an account other than the NV3 service ? I messaged him using the user account and got nothing back, unfortunately he had died by then . if you have his personal email, it would be nice to send all these positive comments to his family.

Vale Norm Hart (Hartnet).
He was one to support and encourage all manner of trainz things and the members on this forum.
He loved the unusual things and the standard fare of what trainz offers - he took great interest in what others created - be they routes, reskins or new assets by all authors.
I was lucky to have given him a small gift back when I reskinned the Eggliners and even dedicated one to him for his interest and enthusiasm for such small things.
<kuid2:369756:103008:1> Eggliner - Normhart Limited Edition

Sad news indeed! Norm was such a help with my routes or whatever. He surely will be missed!
Take care everyone,
Dean

When I released the BC&SJ route on the DLS Norm promptly posted about 50 or so screen shots he took over it's full length.

Thanks Norm. I pray your name was in the Lamb's book of life... From conversations with you, I expect it was.

Horace

I am very sorry to hear of Norm's passing. Norm was a poster child for the way one should behave on the forum, he was nearly always supportive, and seldom failed to post a screenshot of any new works released to the DLS. I was always honored to find him posting screenshots of my content. Godspeed Norman, see if you can find my father up there in the happy hunting ground, he is a fellow Trainzer and a railfan, and yes, there are many distinguished Trainzers already there. It is a sad fact that many of us who love Trainz have way more yesterdays than we do tomorrows.
I for one think we maybe ought to have a thread just for those folks who have passed on and were members of our unique little community. Every one of us will one day join Norm, my father, and Ben Dorsey and many others who have moved on to the next reality.

The journey's run.

Thanks Norm for all that you did and the happiness that you brought. My belated condolences to his family and friends.

I for one think we maybe ought to have a thread just for those folks who have passed on and were members of our unique little community. Every one of us will one day join Norm, my father, and Ben Dorsey and many others who have moved on to the next reality.

I'm pretty sure there is a thread like that already although I haven't seen it in a while. Maybe it can be found and made a sticky.

Here is one that was in the Trainz Community forum.

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?153797-A-Thread-of-remembrance

William

Last edited:
Norm always showed such joy and positivity on this forum; it'll be not the same without him. I never got to speak with him personally but I hope his family well and that he is in a good place.

Back