Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Norm Hart

Default Norm Hart

Logtime Trainzer and screen shot poster extraordinaire Norm hasn't posted here since 22nd August, which is a long time for him not to be active. I've sent him a PM a couple of days ago and hes not replied , he did state that he has a serious illness . Just wondering if anyone has news of him ......
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

It is definitely a great concern. I have not heard, but like you I am wondering.
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.

I opened this thread dreading that it would be an awful announcement. Relieved that it's not, but also concerned about his absence. His prognosis was pretty grim if I recall correctly.
    T:ANE SP4 (105946) & TRS2019 SP1 (105096).
    Win10, i7 5820K, 3.3GHz, 32GB ram, GTX 980Ti 6GB vram, 2x512GB SSD.

while new to the forums as a poster and trainzer, I have saw stuff by norm for years. I hope for his best recovery!

South Africa, South Africa, Alberton Gauteng

Please pop in and tell us you are ok Norm.
    World peace is a bit far off, lets work at Trainz peace for now

Beginning to wonder where he is, certainly notable for his absence.
    His last few screenshots hinted at something wrong.
    Lets all hope for the best.

evilcrow

Likewise. I hope all is ok Norm.

Piere.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Concerned as well.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 109641

never heard of him, but of course i havent been active on here until recently, but i hope for the best

I think Norm has about every asset made for Trainz, freeware or payware. And any time there is a new announcement he is the first to post screenshots of new assets or new routes in use in some great scene. I always look forward to his posts.
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.

United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham

Norm said about a month ago that he had been given very bad news by his doctor. He spoke in terms of weeks or months but that he was going to make the most of the time he had left.

William

United States of America, California, Port Hueneme

This brings up a dreadful and interesting topic. How do we communicate to our community when we pass away? Only way i see is to have some family member to post an obituary in due time. Hope never happens,,.. but it will..

United States of America, Illinois, Rockford
    Blog Entries

I hope he's doing well, as just every other post I would see him post something, either a screenshot, or a reply with some kind of explaination.
    Like Forester said, whenever something new came out, he was amost the first one to show it off in screenshots.

Hope everything is alright for him.

Cheers

NARM's site^

My personal site: https://hiawathamr.weebly.com/​

As he posts nearly every day this is rather worrying.
    Malc

Quote Originally Posted by clam1952 View Post
    As he posts nearly every day this is rather worrying.
    Still no reply to my Pm, when discussing his illness he told me the diagnosis was terminal , it could be six months or tomorrow. I really do hope he hasn't gone, but the longer he's silent the more I fear the worst has happened. I was hoping he would last long enough to have a drive of the Uintah, as he said knew that sort of country very well .however it was nice to see him enjoying timber ridge as we both loved that route , one of the first conversations I had with him here was about that line. If he has passed he will be sorely missed, always enthusiastic and he must have purchased and screenshoted almost every good payware item that was released . I have no idea where he lives , or if he was using his correct name, I don't think I ever contacted him via an email address outside of the forum. I guess if the silence continues we can assume he's no longer with us and that we as a community are considerably poorer for his absence.
    Last edited by dangavel; September 3rd, 2020 at 08:54 PM.
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,