Norm Hart

dangavel

Logtime Trainzer and screen shot poster extraordinaire Norm hasn't posted here since 22nd August, which is a long time for him not to be active. I've sent him a PM a couple of days ago and hes not replied , he did state that he has a serious illness . Just wondering if anyone has news of him ......

I opened this thread dreading that it would be an awful announcement. Relieved that it's not, but also concerned about his absence. His prognosis was pretty grim if I recall correctly.

Beginning to wonder where he is, certainly notable for his absence.
His last few screenshots hinted at something wrong.
Lets all hope for the best.

evilcrow

never heard of him, but of course i havent been active on here until recently, but i hope for the best

I think Norm has about every asset made for Trainz, freeware or payware. And any time there is a new announcement he is the first to post screenshots of new assets or new routes in use in some great scene. I always look forward to his posts.

Norm said about a month ago that he had been given very bad news by his doctor. He spoke in terms of weeks or months but that he was going to make the most of the time he had left.

William

This brings up a dreadful and interesting topic. How do we communicate to our community when we pass away? Only way i see is to have some family member to post an obituary in due time. Hope never happens,,.. but it will..

I hope he's doing well, as just every other post I would see him post something, either a screenshot, or a reply with some kind of explaination.
Like Forester said, whenever something new came out, he was amost the first one to show it off in screenshots.

Hope everything is alright for him.

Cheers

As he posts nearly every day this is rather worrying.
Still no reply to my Pm, when discussing his illness he told me the diagnosis was terminal , it could be six months or tomorrow. I really do hope he hasn't gone, but the longer he's silent the more I fear the worst has happened. I was hoping he would last long enough to have a drive of the Uintah, as he said knew that sort of country very well .however it was nice to see him enjoying timber ridge as we both loved that route , one of the first conversations I had with him here was about that line. If he has passed he will be sorely missed, always enthusiastic and he must have purchased and screenshoted almost every good payware item that was released . I have no idea where he lives , or if he was using his correct name, I don't think I ever contacted him via an email address outside of the forum. I guess if the silence continues we can assume he's no longer with us and that we as a community are considerably poorer for his absence.

Last edited:
from my pms

John, I'm dying, I won't survive the year, I might not survive the month. I'm not making anything lengthy :D

I have 36,891 locomotive and rolling stock assets. :D (not counting what I'm getting today)

Thanks for all your suggestions and ideas, go for it buddy. I'm sure you'll find lots to keep you busy. ;)

Cheers,
Norm

Like others, I too opened this thread fearing the worst.

I wasn't aware of his condition but I did notice his absence in recent days. Usually one can't go a day without seeing new screenshots from Norm.

I do hope he is well, and my thoughts and prayers are with Norm and his family in what is surely a trying time for them all.

Matt

Any time someone would inquire about routes, Norm would suggest looking into my routes, which I really appreciated. Each time I released a new route, he would post pictures of it on the forum. I jokingly asked him one time if he wanted to hire out as my publicity manager. I always looked forward to his posts. They were so interesting. Sadly, we may have lost a great guy, and a good contributor to this forum.

Joe

Last edited:
I'm kinda new to the forum and I don't have any friends on here, but it's always sad when someone passes on. I wish the best for his family, friends and all who knew him on these forum.

Back