TRS19: custom main menu

seagal2k

(Google Translate)
Hello forum users and, most importantly, the developers of this wonderful game!
One crazy thought came to me today: is it possible to change, of course, legally, the main menu screen of the game?
I went to the Content Manager and found "TRS 9 Mine Meni" and using the "open in editor" menu I was glad that it was possible. I fiddled, changed something, added, and so on. And then I realized that it is forbidden to change the embedded file.
I would like to ask you, dear developers, to add to us, the players, the ability to switch between the original version of the menu and the custom one, and even better - to set the session as the menu! After all, everyone wants their game settings to be individual. And if you make it possible to add a session, then in the game menu, trains may not stand still, but pass.
Naturally, here you need to proceed from the technical characteristics of your computer so that the menu does not turn out to be a slideshow.
But this is exclusively everyone's business!
Thank you for attention!

Last edited:
As I read it you are looking for sessions. When you open the main menu, select the route and then look at the bottom right it view sessions. Click on it and it gives all the sessions for that route. When you save a route and session it is here that your created session goes.

He is wanting to change the image on the opening splash screen I believe.

To the OP: You don't want to do that. The splash screen changes depending on some things. For example, if you are on Trainz Plus the splash screen is different than non-plus. This is controlled by the app.

He is wanting to change the image on the opening splash screen I believe.

To the OP: You don't want to do that. The splash screen changes depending on some things. For example, if you are on Trainz Plus the splash screen is different than non-plus. This is controlled by the app.

Exactly! I want to personalize the menu!

Euphod once posted a technique to edit the main splash screen background image and I used it for a while so I could differentiate between two installations. Unfortunately, it had a side effect that prevented patches or updates to occur so I abandoned it. Took me ages to work out the problem. The patcher was looking for a specific filedate, or something like that, for that file and, when it was wrong, the update failed. So I don't recommend that solution.

The splash screen is more than a pretty picture and has menus, etc. But it might be nice to have an option that took you straight to whatever you were doing last time.

Back