Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
This happens all the time in the graphics world. I know because I worked in the industry for about a decade as a typesetter while the rest of my family did the paste-ups, illustrations, and design work. (It was a boring, frustrating, and stressful job!)

This appears to be a case of the art department not putting in a creative effort to come up with something new, or in some cases people coming in with a pencil scratch on a napkin and want that turned into something useful. Many times, the artwork is similar or a variant on something someone else did and these people insisted on using this design. This type of thing is also seen with fonts. Some big shindig design studio comes up with a certain font and everyone else ends up using it.

Anyway... sorry to go a bit off topic!
No problem, instead I'm very glad to hear the fact from someone who has experience on that job.

Another rail news from Indonesia:

(original photo taken by Azizal Farizi, uploaded to Twitter by official account of Garut Railfans community)

With the construction works for reopening the famous Cikajang Line (currently from Cibatu to Garut) had completed, Indonesian Railways is now preparing everything for the reopening of that line. As this line was very famous in the past for being the last railway line in Southeast Asia regularly served by Mallet steam locomotives like CC50 (former SS1600) and else, it is likely that the reopening of Cikajang Line would be a very big news for everyone who know this line (though it is of course would be served by diesel-hauled trains).

The above photo is taken near the grade crossing of Guntur Street, where the motor-powered draisine used for inspection had left Garut station after having the head office staffs inspecting the progress of Garut station. Actually there are two types of signals shown in that photo: the Siemens & Halske semaphore signal and the classic Krian-type roundel signal (the latter was used from the opening of Cikajang Line until its closure in 1983). Because the Krian-type ones is now preserved as a monument, the signal is painted with a cross on its roundel, indicating that the signal is completely not in use (as it has been replaced by the current Siemens & Halske semaphore signal, though it is actually taken from another line that has been converted into light signal).