Illegal upload of my Ffestiniog Route

Status
Not open for further replies.

clam1952

Welsh Narrow Gauge nut.
Unauthorised copy of my route <kuid2:425700:100063:1> Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland 2014 TANE uploaded by user up_x9000 and messed with as <kuid:888801:100009> Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland 2020 edition.

Reported to N3V please do not download.

Made a mess of it added A Frame turntables and some very bad track laying put coaling stages in and water cranes none of which are remotely UK, stuck an A frame at Blaenau with bad track laying. Stuck extra track in at Boston Lodge and a bloody canopy! Doesn't seem to have much to do with Slate and he even credits Edh6 for the route................

Whereas I'm easy going regarding reskins, I do not allow clones of routes or alterations, people can do that in sessions if they want to mess!

There seems to be an outbreak of copies of others work. First route I have spotted for a while though.
I had an unauthorised multiplayer version of my ARTC Main South route taken down last week. All they did was delete a couple of modified items, leaving a dozen or so and expecting it to work on multiplayer and uploaded. Hope they got banned with a big whacking stick.

The only changes I made when I downloaded your route was to make as many stations industry-interactive and the coal and water-filling places industry-interactive.

Look i'm sorry and i didn't know that i wasn't allowed to do this, ill gladly take it down and i didn't mean any harm to it

-UP_x9000

Look i'm sorry and i didn't know that i wasn't allowed to do this, ill gladly take it down and i didn't mean any harm to it

-UP_x9000

One thing I can tell you, always, always, always obtain permission from the original creator of any asset before sharing, as there might be a chance you'll be given the green signal to upload their item(s), and others will upload your changes under their KUID, and of course, there are others that will say 'no'.

Since its already uploaded, you can't take it down as there is no option. You'll have to contact the helpdesk (link above) and explain what has happened (if it isn't already taken down).

Basically, before sharing someone else's content in the future, stop and ask yourself 'did I get the okay to do so?'

Cheers

-UP_x9000

It's best to first ask the permission of the original creator before uploading a modified version of their content to the download station.

Thank you Jordon & Hiawthamr, and sorry clam. Next time (if there even will be a next time) i will be sure to do so

-Cheers UP_x9000

UP_x9000, thank you for being upfront about this and for recognizing the error. We all make mistakes. I hope that this does not discourage you from making contributions in the future, both of your own creation and, with permissions, the reskins or mods of other creators.

OK thanks for at least admitting the mistake.

It took me 8 years and a lot of research and clambering about halfway up the side of mountains and hundreds of photos to get as near an accurate as possible recreation, so I think you can appreciate I was a bit miffed to see things altered.

Anyway I think this thread can be locked now, the point has been made, no need to prolong UP_x9000's agony, mistakes happen.

Thread closed at OP's request.

Also confirming the asset has been removed. And thank you UP_x9000 for doing the right thing and owning up :)

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back