TurFX Looks Really Good and CONTROLS Work Well

boleyd

The initial release of Turf was complicated and not very logical. The Plus version is MUCH better.

grass.jpg
:)

Oh! It's different in Plus? I have Platinum and I like TurFX, but it's very fiddly to use and not user friendly at all. How is it different in Plus? And will these changes come to Platinum?

Paul

The tools are not as "fiddly". Placement and erasure are more precise so you can easily place grass near objects or boundaries. There are presets with illustrations and then if you don;t like what they offer you can graphically modify the preset. In simple terms, most if not all, of what you do is done graphically. The numbers table is still there but you may never, or infrequently, use it.

Should take 5 or 10 minutes to begin laying turf. Then you may go back to the preset page and start fiddling.

I got it to lay ballast under track. That feature is ok for double track since the tool/circle is the one used to manipulate textures. Also, the "auto turf" lays strips of ballast beneath the tracks. Need a smaller tool for single track, but it does work. The strips are laid kin straight sections so curves may need trimmed. Also it is in a zig-zag format that is not relative to the track except at the start of each strip. Individual strips are therefore not parallel to the track if it is not matching the wire frame . so the start of a strip is at the correct distance from the track but the end sticks out. The closer the track is/parallel to the wire frame this is less noticeable.

This sounds great! I wonder if it'll be available in a service pack update for Platinum in the future?

Paul

Back