Red Circle Turnouts

boleyd

When I first used Plus a few days ago I noticed that making a branch piece of track ans attaching it to an existing route sometime made a red error circle at the junction. Then the problem seemed to go away. Now it is back where a short (length used to be ok) branch shows red at the attach/junction point. Moving the end around, in relation to the junction, sometime normalized the circle to white. Now it prevents a replacement of an existing piece of track. I tried different tracks but same issue. If the "branch track is maybe 500ft long then no red circle.

I had a copy of 105096 and loaded it with the route. No problems. Short branches, very twisted branches worked as they ALWAYS did. The problem is not route or track type specific. It appears as a general issue in my copy of Plus which is 106618.

I loaded the builtin page that shows many of the vegetation and track assets, Each track exhibited the same issue. If the track you attach is not of some minimum (?) length the connection point is marked faulty by a red circle. If you lengthen the connecting track the red circle changes to white. Sometimes you can move the end-point of the attached track and the circle becomes white. I have no similar issues in version 100096. Only version 106618 shows the more restrictive tolerance for attached tracks. I also used the standard Kickstarter County 2 and a the same experiences of new tolerances for track attachments.

a>

Sorry but this is the alleged link from the free conversion site from image to HTTPS HREF. Used Insert Image function. N3V seems to
prevent deletion of messages so consider this as a deletion.

Last edited:
Yes switch angles are more strict now no matter what track we use. This was mentioned before but I can't remember by whom or when.

One of the things I've run into is the switches may appear fixed after moving spline points, but either zooming out then coming in again close, or moving to a different baseboard and returning, causes the junctions to fail again. This needs to be bug reported.

I PAID for the product but I am not told that it is built to standards that are different from my previous product. Several hours wasted.

What is the cost of 15 minutes of several senior staff to list the differentials between the old and new products and then incorporate that into a fixed list online. Thus everyone that purchases that new product can fairly judge the value of their decision to purchase. Right now purchases seem to be made out of curiosity.

Hi boleyd

I hope I do nothing wrong here, but I copied the link from here;

a>

Sorry but this is the alleged link from the free conversion site from image to HTTPS HREF. Used Insert Image function. N3V seems to
prevent deletion of messages so consider this as a deletion.

and put it into the "insert image from URL" part of the make a message window and this is the result;

TRACK.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, that does work. Very astute to note the specific HTTPS code as the useful part of the link.

So, you see the curved short section of track on the right-hand side. Left-hand turnout works in Plus. The picture is from a Platinum Silver load.

If I install that route into Plus the short section on the right either disappears or the attachment/turnout turns red. Fiddling with turnouts/attach points shows an expected relationship between the angle and length now critical to some unpublished degree. The same database is used for both plain Platinum and "plus Platinum".

Again thanks for the image info.

TRACK.jpg

Solution found???

I am still getting red circle turnouts in places. Mostly in long turnouts. Do the trains still cross over them, does the AI recognize them?
I have deleted the junction track and rebuilt the entire thing - same results.
What does the red circle mean, and how does one fix it???

I am still getting red circle turnouts in places. Mostly in long turnouts. Do the trains still cross over them, does the AI recognize them?
I have deleted the junction track and rebuilt the entire thing - same results.
What does the red circle mean, and how does one fix it???

Red circles mean the turnouts are really, really too tight to form the points and frogs on the procedural tracks. From my experience, they will still work in-game but appear as all red in Surveyor. Red circles will also appear, usually blinking, if the tracks aren't at the same level. Click on the advanced pulldown menu on the tracks and get the height of one of the spline points and apply that to all of them. This will ensure that the track is level for the turnouts.

If you want to rebuild the junctions, I have found from experience that using the edge of the spline points and placing them against the edge of the ballast once the track has straightened out ensures that the junctions are fault-free and work pretty well like this.

Signal-Setup-Type-04.jpg

The standards have NOT changed for ordinary non-procedural track. The "standards" only apply to procedural tracks and were introduced with the tracks when they first appeared. You can totally ignore the standards to continue to make really bad track junctions that will still work if you wanted to. The only difference is that when the red circle is showing you will not get the extra features provided by procedural tracks (animated points plus frogs and check rails) in your junctions.

The red junction circles have four causes, none of which actually affect the operation of a junction. They only appear when procedural track is being used.

1. curve radius too tight - as discussed above.
2. junction not level - the adjacent approach spline points on all track branches must be at the same height. The solution here is to have those approach spline point as close to the junction as possible.
3. the next junction is too close and is preventing the correct placement of the frogs and check rails
4. one of the tracks used in the junction is not a procedural track.

See https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Use_Procedural_Track for more details.

Last edited:
Back