Some interesting behaviour I noticed with freezing in Surveyor Mode

Hi gang. I discovered that when placing some engines and rolling stock on the tracks in surveyor mode, the game freezes and you can´t select anything and a lot of the buttons start to disappear. When you press the hotkey to go to Driver Mode again, the freezing is gone, the trucks and consists are all still there. Now, going back in Surveyor Mode, the lag is gone and I can place the same consist, trains, or rolling stock without a problem whatsoever. I think that this sort of behavior is due to the texture streaming because when the option was there I never had this behavior, it started since the build version when the option was removed. Please give the option back, why not?

i get that when i place some JR cars, it is just a glitch. in my experience if you wait like 3 minutes, it will fix itself.

It's probably related to scripts being loaded. Some locomotives are better at loading than others.

I've also noticed whenever 'Freezing' occurs, it may simply mean that there might be 'open' programs operating in the background, such as Facebook Gameroom.

Whenever I open Trainz, I always do a 'Ctrl-Alt-Del' to quickly see what large programs might still be open. I then 'End Process' to free up as much space as possible.

Cheers,
Roy

I just wait for a new beta because users will find out its more of a problem in that area and might re correct it at some point and at this rate it continues to freeze even in run around command so there is a problem in that area, its making the whole Trainz 19 and function ability is unstable atm. plus the creators have mess up big time as content store does not install all of it and engines and other rolling stock are going missing and deps can not be found, its bad enough as they can not see it from players point a view.

Last edited:
I have this problem with Sodor Workshops's Thomas engines. The freeze varies, sometimes no freeze, other times for 5 minutes to an hour!

make sure your anti virus is excluded trainz from the scan and what know of Sodor Workshop as I use there content as well, I get the same problem. and there new versions

Last edited:
Hi gang. I discovered that when placing some engines and rolling stock on the tracks in surveyor mode, the game freezes and you can´t select anything and a lot of the buttons start to disappear. When you press the hotkey to go to Driver Mode again, the freezing is gone, the trucks and consists are all still there. Now, going back in Surveyor Mode, the lag is gone and I can place the same consist, trains, or rolling stock without a problem whatsoever. I think that this sort of behavior is due to the texture streaming because when the option was there I never had this behavior, it started since the build version when the option was removed. Please give the option back, why not?

Is there a way we can disable texture streaming in the more recent builds?

When the game is frozen, the water still moves, as do the driver portraits! I hope this issue will be fixed soon...

Back