Sydney Metro routes

I have never noticed any Sydney Metro route(s) on the DLS. Considering that the new as yet incomplete Metro has only been opened for just over a year and the next section is not due for another 3 years (or there-abouts) I would be surprised if anyone would have completed such a project by now. But I would be happy to be proven wrong.

Does anyone know why there are no Sydney Metro routes on the DLS when there use to be?

I assume you are talking about an underground Metro route in Sydney, which runs from Tallawong to Chatswood. It opened in 2019.

I've been involved with Trainz since 2009; and I have not seen any examples constructed as yet.

I do like 'underground' routes too. That is why 4 years ago, I built my Sydney Central and City Circle route. However, because I used a number of assets designed and built by various authors, and they had huge poly counts, they would not be suitable to upload to the DLS. So I shared my route privately with other Trainzers, who understood that they could only use my route for their own personal use and not upload it to the DLS.

Of course there is nothing to stop you from creating the Metro route yourself. You'd get plenty of support from other Aussies. If you do start this route make sure you upload some screenshots in the 'Australian Screenshots' thread.

Cheers,

Roy

Hi Guys, absolutely love your work Roy, when I said Metro I was more interested in Central and suburbs. I have a nice route from Penrith to Kandos and I can remember seeing the western line from Penrith to the City but I don't seem to be able to find it. Your youtube clip of Central is amazing, I am really envious. The clip along the Hawkesbury is very nice as well. I was born in Lithgow in 53 and we backed onto the railway so in those early years my backyard was literally the train line. Ron if it is possible would you kindly consider sending me a copy of your route "Central & City Circle V3".
Thanks,
Greg

Last edited:
Hi Guys, absolutely love your work Roy, when I said Metro I was more interested in Central and suburbs. I have a nice route from Penrith to Kandos and I can remember seeing the western line from Penrith to the City but I don't seem to be able to find it. Your youtube clip of Central is amazing, I am really envious. The clip along the Hawkesbury is very nice as well. I was born in Lithgow in 53 and we backed onto the railway so in those early years my backyard was literally the train line. Ron if it is possible would you kindly consider sending me a copy of your route "Central & City Circle V3". My email is (removed for safety reasons)
Thanks,
Greg

I'm very sorry if I'm a bit rude here, but it is better for you to NOT writing your e-mail address directly in the reply. This is for preventing your e-mail from being overloaded with malicious mails, especially spams.

Thanks in advance.

Back