Script/signal/rule failures after a session save and restart?

1611mac

- - . -
I usually run sessions through in one sitting so this has not be on my "radar" but isn't there an issue with scripts, signals, or rules not working properly in a restarted session after if was saved? I remember reading something about variables or conditions or states not being saved and reloaded properly causing the restarted session not to work properly.

Would someone please educate me on this issue?

Thank You.

It depends on the rules. If the scripter added the ability to save the state then they work, if not, they don't.

I usually run sessions through in one sitting so this has not be on my "radar" but isn't there an issue with scripts, signals, or rules not working properly in a restarted session after if was saved? I remember reading something about variables or conditions or states not being saved and reloaded properly causing the restarted session not to work properly.

Would someone please educate me on this issue?

Thank You.
What signals are you using? TANE SP3 changed some aspects of scripting which some scripts haven't been updated to work with.

What signals are you using? TANE SP3 changed some aspects of scripting which some scripts haven't been updated to work with.

Thanks for the reply. It was a signal that prompted my question. I have session that worked fine when I played it straight through. In that session I also did some saves but kept playing till completion. Now, when I come back and reload sessions there is an invisible signal that stays red. <kuid:45324:24010:5>.
It may have another cause for staying red but as stated, it worked fine in full run through. I'll have to verify.

I have verified that <kuid:45324:24010:5> apparently does not save its state. When a session is saved it is green. When session is restarted it is red and it remains red. This is in beta release 108640

Back