Faulty Assets That Apparently Do Not Exist

BakerBoat

It seems I have run into an interesting conundrum. After submitted all freeware assets that were "open for edit" I have encountered a wall of faulty assets labeled "Untitled" (assets touched were not labeled as third party, built in, obsolete, or payware). They have various kuid's of kuid:939570:100001 through kuid:939570:100153, and remain after extensive database repairs. To my limited knowledge as well as game-testing, it appears to have affected nothing. All of the previously faulty assets (only missing dependencies) remain listed in the exact same condition. These "Untitled" assets list no dependencies, no dependents, no other asset versions, have no image thumbnail, no description, and say that I am the author. While viewing errors and warnings, each one lists VE48 and VE50. With VE48 being "This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 3.5 are no longer supported," VE50 says "Unsupported kind 'unknown'." My tentative belief is to delete the "assets" if I could even call them that. Knowing Trainz is incredibly complex, I defer to whatever assistance you guys may provide.

Your Trainz User ID (UID) is 939570. I looked this up on My Trainz. My number is 124863 in case you are wondering.

If you have had any crashes to the desktop, these temporary files will remain behind.

Welcome to the forums.

grazlash and JCitron, thank you for the help. It seems that my time spent with all the technicalities of Trainz is calling back to my days of attempting to figure out the file system of MSTS as a kid.

And thanks for the welcome JCitron!

grazlash and JCitron, thank you for the help. It seems that my time spent with all the technicalities of Trainz is calling back to my days of attempting to figure out the file system of MSTS as a kid.

And thanks for the welcome JCitron!

You're welcome.

It's not quite as bad as MSTS... We don't have random derailments by AI ending a session. Oh I used to hate that on the Marias Pass route. I would be driving for hours and almost to the end when the activity would end because an AI train derailed. One day I had an AI train careen off a switch and crash into me! This doesn't go without saying, however, that AI in Trainz, any version, can't get the best of us.

It was that along with outright crashing that drove me from MSTS. I so happened to have discovered Trainz after I got MSTS in 2001 and waited until December 2003 when TRS2004 came out. I got my TRS2004 at Best Buy for $29.95 on December 28, 2003. I still have the package with the price tag on it. After playing around with built-in stuff, I set a goal of building a route of my own, and that route still exists today in a much improved form. With some fiddling, I loaded up a backup of the 2nd and 3rd versions of the original route and laughed quite loudly at my track laying and landscaping!

Have fun and ask as many questions as you want. We'll help you all the way here.

I never quite remembered any such behaviors from MSTS. However, I am wondering how to apply for general posting permissions. I am looking forward to sharing some of my creations...

Back