.
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Track Sounds From a Truck

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Virgo Cluster, Laniakea Supercluster, Universe
    Posts
    316
     

    Question Track Sounds From a Truck

    So a while back a decent amount of JR rolling stock stopped making track sounds in TANE and I've been trying, unsuccessfully, to fix it. I believe I've narrowed it down to a truck used on the affected cars, have tried to fix it, and cant seem to make it work.

    <kuid2:45324:50203:9> S-2 Truck 100 ton 263,000 lbs 6.5in × 12in 36in wheels

    Any help in fixing this would be appreciated, as stated I tried to but had no luck with it.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ohio, Lancaster
    Posts
    513
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bnsfc View Post
    So a while back a decent amount of JR rolling stock stopped making track sounds in TANE and I've been trying, unsuccessfully, to fix it. I believe I've narrowed it down to a truck used on the affected cars, have tried to fix it, and cant seem to make it work.

    <kuid2:45324:50203:9> S-2 Truck 100 ton 263,000 lbs 6.5in × 12in 36in wheels

    Any help in fixing this would be appreciated, as stated I tried to but had no luck with it.
    When updated i found that in the config <kuid2:45324:50203:9> the kuid table was only showing <kuid2:45324:50203:3> changed that to a 9 mine started working again. But this was in TRS 2019 not sure in Tane.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Virgo Cluster, Laniakea Supercluster, Universe
    Posts
    316
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sureshot28 View Post
    When updated i found that in the config <kuid2:45324:50203:9> the kuid table was only showing <kuid2:45324:50203:3> changed that to a 9 mine started working again. But this was in TRS 2019 not sure in Tane.
    That seems to have fixed it. Slightly annoyed this was the fix and i never noticed this. Thank you.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    United States of America, Michigan
    Posts
    13
     

    Default

    I think 2019 looks incredible but is massively devoid of sounds coming from the train as compared to TANE. Even the built-in trains seem to have very little sound apart from the locomotives themselves. Is the above mentioned fix (having to fool around with config tables) the only way to go at this point? We have to get into the inner workings of all of our rolling stock just to get sounds back?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Virgo Cluster, Laniakea Supercluster, Universe
    Posts
    316
     

    Default

    Not sure as I don't have 19, but one thing to note is the above was a truck kuid, meaning one i fixed it all rolling stock with that truck had sound again. So if it is a similar issue its not every piece of stock, just all the trucks they use.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill
    Posts
    30,838
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by randyhook View Post
    I think 2019 looks incredible but is massively devoid of sounds coming from the train as compared to TANE. Even the built-in trains seem to have very little sound apart from the locomotives themselves. Is the above mentioned fix (having to fool around with config tables) the only way to go at this point? We have to get into the inner workings of all of our rolling stock just to get sounds back?
    N3V does not make much content if they make any at all and this has been the case for close to a decade now at least. Any content, whether found on the DLS, in payware, or on third-party sites, is end-user created, therefore, it's up to the content-creator to determine whether they want to include sounds or not in their trains.

    Regarding the sounds in TRS2019, I have had no problems with them. They sound pretty much like they did in previous versions. The only time there are no sounds is when the program is paused when using the Unified Driver-Surveyor (UDS) option in TRS2019 Platinum and above.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 114800
    TRS22 Beta tester

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    46
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bnsfc View Post
    That seems to have fixed it. Slightly annoyed this was the fix and i never noticed this. Thank you.
    I tried this same fix but it broke the asset so I had to revert it to the original. Any thoughts?

    I am running Trainz 2019 Platinum edition.

    The lack of nice truck sounds on my freights is quite a disappointment.

    lepstein

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Virgo Cluster, Laniakea Supercluster, Universe
    Posts
    316
     

    Default

    I've found the same Problem after upgrading to 19 myself. If you even touch the truck in question it breaks the moment you load the game. Not in CM, but you load up surveyor and THEN it breaks. Is this shenanigans from the fact that the truck in question is "built in" now?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ohio, Lancaster
    Posts
    513
     

    Default

    Yeah now if it is Built-in you can't change it unless you clone it and change all your rolling stock. I have not checked mine to see in the updates if it has changed to built-in.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Michigan, Romeo
    Posts
    19
     

    Default

    Ok folks, here is what I have learned. I also had the problem where all of my rolling stock lost it's track sounds. I began researching the problem online (to include reading this post) to try to come to a solution. As the people above have said, the only solution I could find was to go into all the config files of the rolling stock and change all the bogeys to the following: KUID:506034:50203 which I believe comes from Jointed Rail's Legacy of the Burlington Northern route (which I have bought and is awesome!). I have edited all of my stock, most of which is Jointed Rail as well as others and now ALL of my rolling stock on the route I use (UMR 2018) have great track sounds. I too have found that if it is build-in or payware, then no dice. But with all the great stuff on Jointed Rail's site, I was able to find replacements for the built-in, payware stuff. Just thought I would add this to the discussion in case someone else like me is trying to figure this out. It is not hard to do, but is time consuming. I played for a long time without track sounds until I could not take it any more.

    Happy Trainzing!
    Last edited by mmcdono1; September 5th, 2021 at 07:57 AM.

  11. #11

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by mmcdono1 View Post
    OK folks, here is what I have learned. I also had the problem where all of my rolling stock lost it's track sounds. I began researching the problem online (to include reading this post) to try to come to a solution. As the people above have said, the only solution I could find was to go into all the config files of the rolling stock and change all the bogeys to the following: KUID:506034:50203 which I believe comes from Jointed Rail's Legacy of the Burlington Northern route (which I have bought and is awesome!). I have edited all of my stock, most of which is Jointed Rail as well as others and now ALL of my rolling stock on the route I use (UMR 2018) have great track sounds. I too have found that if it is build-in or payware, then no dice. But with all the great stuff on Jointed Rail's site, I was able to find replacements for the built-in, payware stuff. Just thought I would add this to the discussion in case someone else like me is trying to figure this out. It is not hard to do, but is time consuming. I played for a long time without track sounds until I could not take it any more.

    Happy Trainzing!
    Thank you Sir, and others here on Sound update......

    I fear our work is never done that's for sure.......I like Jointed Rail too........

    Have a great weekend.......

    This is yet, why we have such a great Forum here, the Knowledge Base is huge.........

    Cheers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •