Thread: missing dependencies/payware

Blog Entries

Default missing dependencies/payware

Hi all went to download stuff thats ment to be installed and wont load had a look at content manger and told me it had missing dependencies-payware could so one please tell me how to fix this thx paul

Only two choices, Find out what payware is needed and buy it, or substitute something else. If it is a singular object like a building or a vehicle, substitute the KUID in the config.txt file, but if it is something spread around like a tree, you will have to "clone" a suitable tree to the original KUID of the payware tree.
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” - R.L.S.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by Forester1 View Post
    Only two choices, Find out what payware is needed and buy it, or substitute something else. If it is a singular object like a building or a vehicle, substitute the KUID in the config.txt file, but if it is something spread around like a tree, you will have to "clone" a suitable tree to the original KUID of the payware tree.
    You can't substitute in the config.txt. That only works temporarily until a DBR or an update occurs. The information in the config.txt file is only a string list to aide in searching and gets refreshed periodically. I know because I did that to remove some grass splines I couldn't find.

The alternative method is to clone a really obviously incorrect and bad asset such as some of the overly bright and out of scale trees from the past. Clone the tree, substitute the Kuid in the config.txt and import (not submit/commit) that clone. Once imported, the asset can be replaced using the replace assets tool.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 109641