Coal Country 2019 Updated .....

Added a reskinned Amtrak crane for the Richmond Station scene to assist in lifting the cable reels:

J4Ud19Sr_o.jpg

SMzw6vl0_o.jpg

Dropped in for second to watch the Video, Love the Shadows, all the nice equipment you have created...........:Y:

Have a great weekend my friend.....You made my day.........:p

Working on the Pilot vehicles.....light and oversize sign done, now to reskin it with some logos on the doors....

3rHE6FDi_o.jpg

O2Zh7XL2_o.jpg

BxW3wzXU_o.jpg

Now with the logo, found on the net:

idXTGoz4_o.jpg

Last edited:
Happy Holidays to all ! It has been a little whiel since my last update, been extremely busy with my work lately but have a few treats in store. I decided to update the freight yard I added in Parker. Basically, spent alot of time realigning/straightening out the tracks before adding the details. This little area by far is one of my top favorites for detailing. For one, the size of it is perfect for my needs, holds a little more then 50 or so cars and looks like it was meant to be there. The size allows me to go crazy with detailing which is just not manageable on a larger yard at least for me.

I retextured the front of the loco shed with grass and dirt and then expanded the pavement behind it. Added more wooden grade crossings and pipe bollards there and around the fuel tanks. Added 2 dumpsters with newspapers to the front of the loco shed and a wooden fence with "derelict" barrels, propane tanks and old crossbucks. A little graffiti was addedto the fence and shed as well.

One of my favorite additions was adding the animated flashng safety lights on the loco fueling pump areas. Look great. I also added a CSX crew working on a sign with details added to the back of their truck such as rusty propane tanks and safety cones and hose. Also put an ATV and rider to get around the yard.
Swapped out the blue and white Chevy 3500 for my reskinned CAT 3500 on the access road by Parker Tipplle

See the video after the pix:

PY00.jpg

PY01.jpg

PY02.jpg

PY03.jpg

PY04.jpg

And a vid:

Go BIG: https://youtu.be/SpTAMXOyY6M

Best viewed in 1440p

Last edited:
Hello Dan.

Happy Christmas Holidays for you too.

Amazing Coal County route update, as always, and the video is great too.

Thanks and take care.

Manue.

Prior to passenger service ceasing, Grants Run was a small station stop for miners at the local Richmond coal mine. Now th small depot has new life as a converted Restaurant and Bar servicing the coal mine and nearby petro industries as well as railfans. I wanted to add the newly released Trainz Forge Dillard Depot and found a perfect location:

trs19-exe-Screenshot-2020-12-30-20-44-06-64.jpg

trs19-exe-Screenshot-2020-12-30-20-43-25-19.jpg

trs19-exe-Screenshot-2020-12-30-20-42-31-97.jpg

trs19-exe-Screenshot-2020-12-30-20-43-09-09.jpg

Last edited:
Most of you who have followed my layout updates know I am a huge MOW fan and I think it is under served in most train sims, oh well a rant for another day. I came across a video by Terrell Howard on youtube of his fantastic HO scale layout set in California. One recent video in partcular caught my attention. He had made a custom Amtrak Track and Geometry train. And it was in the same livery as my recent reskinned Amtrak MOW vehicles so I had a "custom" version of the Geometry made for Trainz.

The consist is as follows:

1. Amtrak GP38-2 Grey scheme
2. 60ft Amtrak Boxcar #7000
3. 85ft Amtrak Cryo Tank CAR
4. 60ft Amtrak Boxcar #7002
5. Amtrak Tool Car
6. Amtrak Research Car
7. Amtrak Inspection Car

(Wait for the second train)

Special thanks to Jason for turning my wish into reality, great job !

Go BIG: https://youtu.be/VekWPXdZkEI

Best viewed in 1440p

Last edited:
Back to nature........ One of the things I was never to happy in Trainz was the "clear" water effects. I grew up along the Delaware river and I can without a doubt say that it was either muddy brown or some darker green tint or a combination of the two. The banks were mostly muddy or rocks.....I am in the process of retexturing the creek/river. Right now it is a brownish tint which I need to make a bit of darker green mix in it to get what I am looking for. Below is the original shot of the "unmodified" creek and then following are several shots of the new texture. I replaced a bunch of the slate gray boulders with rocks that match the new color. I also made areas more like a rockty outcropping in the water to add contrast and threw in some pondscum, lilypads, and wild flowers that I previously came across in my content manger forays:

Set 1:

The before shot:

00.jpg

Now the retextured versions:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

Last edited:
River/Creek finals. So, using the brown in the previous pix as the base, I was able ot make the water more "solid" vs. transparent, the area around the bridge is the deepest hence the darker coloring, as you go along waterway it becomes greener/ algae build up and in some areas browner for the mud:

trs19-exe-Screenshot-2021-01-02-01-37-16-11.jpg

trs19-exe-Screenshot-2021-01-02-02-11-25-02.jpg

An Amtrak P32-8BWH Loco #512 has been assigned service to the Track Geometry & Rail detection train (aka "The Green Beast") staged at Parker Yard.
After refueling it couples to the MOW train which then performs a short calibration test using Parker Yard track #3 before heading to Parker Station to pickup some crew personnel.

Change Log:

Retextured river to be solid coloring instead of transparent
Added invisible speed markers for AI trains at Parker Yard
Converted more 2D trees/shrubs into 3D versions
Added grass area with trees and dumpster to the back of Stephen's Grocery distributor in Parker
Removed cement pavement from the Parker gas station and added dirt texture to make it more "back woodsy"
Blended road into ground by Parker gas station removing gaps
Added details to Amtrak Hi-Rail in front of Park Station including MOW workers

Go BIG: https://youtu.be/SwXSlLUoLUo

Best viewed in 1440p

Last edited:
Parker Update:

I decided I wanted to expand the capacity at the large grain silo in Parker so it could handle larger grain unit trains. I flipped it around to have 2 track capacity with the "Mid America" logo now showing. Unfortunately because of this update, I needed to figure what ot do with the Parker passenger station since it wasn't practical to also fit passnenger trains on the same tracks as the grain silo. So do to economic downturn, passenger service has ended for the town of Parker. Not that it was thriving to begin with. Instead of completly shutting it down, Amtrak decided to add a small mow vehicle maintenance facility which actually brought some new jobs to the area.

Desktop-Screenshot-2021-01-02-22-34-48-76.jpg

Desktop-Screenshot-2021-01-02-22-35-24-72.jpg

Desktop-Screenshot-2021-01-02-22-47-03-91.jpg

Desktop-Screenshot-2021-01-02-22-47-35-45.jpg

Desktop-Screenshot-2021-01-02-22-34-28-16.jpg

Desktop-Screenshot-2021-01-02-22-33-43-81.jpg

Desktop-Screenshot-2021-01-02-22-33-11-65.jpg

Last edited:
Work in progress: While Parker is suffering an economic downturn, Peabody on the otherhand is experiencing a small boom. Since I decided to increase the capapcity at the Mid America grain elevator i figured I needed another industryto handle more covered hoppers. Below is a food processing plant yet unnamed that can handle 14 covered hopper between two sidings.

trs19-exe-Screenshot-2021-01-03-03-10-15-10.jpg

trs19-exe-Screenshot-2021-01-03-03-10-42-34.jpg

trs19-exe-Screenshot-2021-01-03-03-09-42-04.jpg

trs19-exe-Screenshot-2021-01-03-03-11-27-16.jpg

Back