Before:

Desktop-Screenshot-2020-09-19-17-18-17-54.jpg

After:

Desktop-Screenshot-2020-09-19-17-12-24-46.jpg

Desktop-Screenshot-2020-09-19-16-40-20-27.jpg

Desktop-Screenshot-2020-09-19-16-38-58-84.jpg

Last edited:
Evening Railhead001,

Dropped in for minute to see what you have been up too.......The before and after pics speak volumes on your talents to give just the right amount improvements......:mop::mop::mop:

:Y: Nicely done sir, you have much to be proud of........Great imagination too......:Y:

Enjoy your weekend.......

This has been a great thread to follow mate, well done with everything so far :) I really like the positioning of the station in Richmond, it would have been a good idea for the original release :)

I definitely recommend redownloading the route from where you got it from, my latest update has revised track to stop that LOD issue, some new scenes, and improvements to the sessions

This has been a great thread to follow mate, well done with everything so far :) I really like the positioning of the station in Richmond, it would have been a good idea for the original release :)

I definitely recommend redownloading the route from where you got it from, my latest update has revised track to stop that LOD issue, some new scenes, and improvements to the sessions

Not to bring this topic off topic Rich, but how do I download the updated route on JR's website?

Thanks.

Not to bring this topic off topic Rich, but how do I download the updated route on JR's website?

Thanks.

It should be a case of just redownloading the route from the link in the my downloads tab of the website and it will grab the latest version :) Not the best advertised I know, sorry about that.

I checked and I don't see an update and there is no offer to purchase again.

Scratchy stated previoulsy it has been updated so you should just be able to redownload it from the site you purchased it from originally to get the newer version of Coal Country that he was referring to, not to be confused with the "Modified" version I am working on in this thread.

And now back to our regularly scheduled program already in progress: decided to see what type of "smaller" industry would fit in this rural setting, so a feed supply seems like a good choice:

Desktop-Screenshot-2020-09-20-10-37-42-24.jpg

Desktop-Screenshot-2020-09-20-10-38-00-85.jpg

Desktop-Screenshot-2020-09-20-10-46-22-82.jpg

Last edited:
I chose the "grain mill keiths" building and just reversed it for each side of the discharge bay to give the appearance of one longer building. Covered hoppers from the grain silos are received in the discharge bay and boxcars can be loaded from the warehouse for outbound shipments to The Authentic Food Company or to the Touchstar Logistics warhouse.

Desktop-Screenshot-2020-09-20-11-03-49-45.jpg

Desktop-Screenshot-2020-09-20-11-04-25-54.jpg

Last edited:
If I may make a suggestion? You may want to rethink the monster Caterpillar ore trucks in the parking lot thing. Per the Wiki for the Caterpillar 797 (and presumably similar vehicles) "Major components of the 797 are manufactured and assembled at seven Caterpillar or supplier facilities located throughout North America, then shipped to the customer site for final assembly by Caterpillar technicians." Having those things in the lot of a local dealer, while it might look impressive, would be completely impractical, let alone using and propping up a multi-million dollar vehicle as a sales device.

Now if Coal Country was in Australia the Cat would fit right in.
We have businesses that display big things:
Big Banana
Big Pineapple
Big Cow
Big Prawn (Shrimp)
etc etc....

If I may make a suggestion? You may want to rethink the monster Caterpillar ore trucks in the parking lot thing. Per the Wiki for the Caterpillar 797 (and presumably similar vehicles) "Major components of the 797 are manufactured and assembled at seven Caterpillar or supplier facilities located throughout North America, then shipped to the customer site for final assembly by Caterpillar technicians." Having those things in the lot of a local dealer, while it might look impressive, would be completely impractical, let alone using and propping up a multi-million dollar vehicle as a sales device.

Actually I do not want to rethink my decision, I am quite happy with it..........FYI: This is a "Fictional route", read the config file: "Explore 8 twisting miles of a fictional route based around the coal-rich states of WV, KY etc. Created by R.Ness"

And just an added FYI, the CATs are a "Special" order for the mines in the area with tranportation provided as seen in the pix. For reference see the video link below: (And until the DLS has the "Wiki" lowboy version available, this one will have to do........" :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSZCiBJNSH0

Desktop-Screenshot-2020-09-21-00-17-03-52.jpg

Desktop-Screenshot-2020-09-21-00-17-22-55.jpg

Last edited:
Now if Coal Country was in Australia the Cat would fit right in.
We have businesses that display big things:
Big Banana
Big Pineapple
Big Cow
Big Prawn (Shrimp)
etc etc....

Actually here in the states I have a seen this type of CAT at a Quarry in NJ and at a service/repair facility in Arizona. The one in NJ I had a picture of my Honda CRX next to it back in the late 80's. Wish I still had it, I remember having to go back down in access road several yards to fit the whole scene into my camera at the time. HUGE doesen't even begin to describe what that dump truck looks like when your next to it.....

Evening Railhead001,

Dropped in for minute to see what you have been up too.......The before and after pics speak volumes on your talents to give just the right amount improvements......:mop::mop::mop:

:Y: Nicely done sir, you have much to be proud of........Great imagination too......:Y:

Enjoy your weekend.......

Good to hear from you !!! The do over is coming along rather nicely....just when I think I can't add another industry to it, BAM, I get an idea and then go to work. Hope you had a nice weekend as well ! Always good to see you check in. :D

Thanks for following it, it is a great route to work with, not to short and not to long. Love the Northeastern feel to it as well. The Richmond station idea came to me as I remember stations back in the Philadelphia area when I use to live there. Same along some NJT lines as well. Not much of a passenger fan but thought that location had a lot of potential and I am pleased with the results.

Back