How good is your vehicle recognition?

With Holden gone, there are no automobile manufacturer in Australia the last I heard.

That's true, but speaking as a well-behaved Audi driver, I'm not all that unhappy about it. If we are getting into gross generalizations and slagging whole classes of people off with little evidence to back it up, I'd say, in this country, it's the Holden drivers that are the a-holes. Closing the fire-door on my nuclear bunker now..

That's true, but speaking as a well-behaved Audi driver, I'm not all that unhappy about it. If we are getting into gross generalizations and slagging whole classes of people off with little evidence to back it up, I'd say, in this country, it's the Holden drivers that are the a-holes. Closing the fire-door on my nuclear bunker now..

There are exceptions always to the generalizations. I used to drive an Audi myself. I had an old 90s which I put many hefty miles on it before it finally died. It's the "new" owners that drive these cars that ruin the reputation. Your Holden drivers today are similar to the same group that drive Pontiac Grand Am cars over here.

We have a group of idgits here that use my street as a raceway. They race down my street at 3 times the speed limit in their BMWs, Mercedes coups, Audis, and more than few Pontiac Grand Am's. There's a good hill too and they've been known to take air as they go over it, and there's been a few serious accidents as well with a few of them meeting their demise including one in front of my house.

No need to go to the nuclear bunker...

The thing is, Dean this igits actually cause our auto insurance rates to skyrocket because we have a no-fault insurance here, meaning their crappy driving costs everyone more due to the increased risk. We do have discounts if our insurance points stay at the base which is 9 points. If someone gets into an accident, they pay a surcharge on top of the base rate for 5 years, but that's the only increase. If they get too many points, they lose their license until they attend driver's ed classes.

Anyway, I hope you found what you were looking for. I went down memory lane looking at that car models website. My dad had a couple of Dodge Darts and my brother had a '65 Skylark. The Skylark looked a bit like an old Holden.

Last edited:
Back