Steam Engines Crashing (The Game)

klambert

Ca Plane Pour Moi
Hi Folks

I've encountered a rather frustrating issue that seems to affect steam engines, in TRS19. So whilst travelling in forwards, but wishing to slow down, (as per real life common practice) I will engage the reverser, but when doing so the train will then very briefly speed up to 200mph and then the game crashes, anyone else have this issue?

I'm not really sure there's a fix for this, but even some validation from other people who may have spotted this would be much appreciated. I suppose the only way around this is using the brake but using the reverser properly is one of those very enjoyable elements of steam loco driving.

Using the reverser to brake is definitely NOT normal practice for railway locomotives, mainly to avoid the risk drawing smoke/soot/ash into the cylinders.

I don't know why it would cause the game to crash - I routinely coast at very short cut-off (because we STILL haven't got dampers to control the fire) and that's never caused an issue, so I can only imagine you are provoking an uncontrolled wheelslip the game can't handle.

I have to say I have never used the reverser as a way to slow down engine. When I've accidentally slipped the reverser back too far when putting an engine into mid gear it's plain that the engine is none too happy about it.

I would imagine that many feet, or miles, before an intended "STOP" point that an engineer would throw the throttle to the "OFF" position and would kinetically coast down the track, and start applying "BRAKE" in repeated incremental small applications, until the consist comes to a stop. The "Emergency" brake should be avoided, as it dumps ALL the air pressure in the air brake trainline, which takes much long time to re-pump up all the air pressure again.

Last edited:
Back