Navigation Display Rule refuses to appear in rule list of session editor

mharleman

I am trying to follow a tutorial you created a Google Document and YouTube video regarding creating your own sessions. I need to put in navigation points, and I am doing exactly what is shown in the video; however, when I attempt to create a Navigation Display Rule it fails to appear in the list. In the video, it appears just fine for the person demoing the process, but it absolutely will not for me. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm using TRS19 with a Silver subscription, so I wonder if there is some of the content that could be causing the problem. I also downloaded all of the MARSZ Project assets made by Ish6 and others if they would install cleanly, but I haven't touched them yet. Could any of that content cause such an issue?

The video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI6jzb3i4Tw

I tried rebuilding the database to see if that would straighten out the issue, and I am still having the same problem. The tutorial uses the original Kickstarter County route that is built into TRS19, but the tutorial is done in T:ANE. I'm wondering if the route may be the issue since there's a Kickstarter County 2. I just don't know what to try at this point. Any help would be appreciated. I have attempted to set up Navigation Points in Kickstarter County 2 with the same problem. What is going on here? Anybody? Yes I set up Track Markers.

Last edited:
I haven't used the Nav rules much but it is working in my version of TRS19.

Couple of things to check:
1. Does the Navigation Display rule (I have <kuid2:401543:1161:3> in TRS19) show in Content Manager. It should be available on the DLS if not; along with 5 other Navigation rules that you might need.
2. If it does appear does it also appear in the search list when you try to add it to your session? (In your session > Edit Session > Add > Look for Navigation Display)

Let us know how you go.

Last edited:
Make sure that you have the latest update to the Navigation Display rule. For TRS19 it should be <kuid2:401543:1161:2> Navigation Display which should be built into TRS19

There was a problem with the earlier version of the rule when running in TRS19.

Installed Payware but Obsolete

I haven't used the Nav rules much but it is working in my version of TRS19.

Couple of things to check:
1. Does the Navigation Display rule (I have <kuid2:401543:1161:3> in TRS19) show in Content Manager. It should be available on the DLS if not; along with 5 other Navigation rules that you might need.
2. If it does appear does it also appear in the search list when you try to add it to your session? (In your session > Edit Session > Add > Look for Navigation Display)

Let us know how you go.

It shows it's installed as Payware, but it is Obsolete with that KUID number.

Installed But Obsolete

Make sure that you have the latest update to the Navigation Display rule. For TRS19 it should be <kuid2:401543:1161:2> Navigation Display which should be built into TRS19

There was a problem with the earlier version of the rule when running in TRS19.

It says it's installed, but Obsolete.

<KUID:401543:1161:4>

This asset: <KUID2:401543:1161:4> shows as a Built-In for Trainz vs. 4.6 under Installed. There is no other version of this rule. Even the SAMPLE download for the tutorial shows an error for each entry of Navigation Display. Trainz says the config file is configured incorrectly. I tried searching for something to fix the configuration file, but I was unable to find anything.

Last edited:
I don't have that version and couldn't see it on the DLS - maybe it was packaged with your TRS19.
You could try disabling that version of the rule in Content Manager and download version 3 - this is the one I have that works.

Back