Screenshot of The Week: August 9 to August 16 2020 (No Theme)

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Maybe I am just stupid, but how in the world do you upload a screen shot to this place?? I have tried just about everything that I can think of with no success. (It was easier building the layout!)

You can refer to this post
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?145037-How-to-Post-Screenshots-Step-by-Step

It shows one way to do it using the trainz portal to store the images, but also others have added other helpful info to it.

Basically there are two main ways:
1) Manually uploading the pictures to the portal (described in the link)
2) Upload from within trainz via the screenshot menu items (still uploads to the portal, just automatically)

Good luck.
Walter

The morning mist obscures a farmer's view of Wathdale with Dacre in the background and in the foreground the morning mixed goods on its way up the valley to Fellbeck.

66EB3764B4E4DC137ED115217266DB83496AED6E

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply! I did what you said from within the game and I guess that everything was OK, but I cannot find the screenshot anywhere. Sigh.

Thanks for the reply! I did what you said from within the game and I guess that everything was OK, but I cannot find the screenshot anywhere. Sigh.

Well the hard part is actually done (uploading). Now you just need the url of your image. If you go back to the forum post I linked earlier, go to the section titled 'Get the Url For Your Screenshot'. The difference is you will need to search for images posted by your username (search media tab at the top of the portal page). That tab brings you to a page like this:
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Just enter your username and click the search button. Your image should appear as one of the results. From there just follow steps 3 and 4 from that section. The important part is that the url you copy is for the image (it should end in .jpg)

Good luck
Walter

Is that correct?

I think that I might have gotten it right, but why is the URL there instead of the pic?

There really has to be a simpler way of doing this, isn't there?

Anyhow, thanks for all of your help!!

Back