Where are screen shots saved in trainz 2019

I have two screen shots saved via Trainz 2019 but haven't uploaded them and I really don't intend to. I want to use them to be able to look at an edited version of the screen shot in another route to see what has been done so I can modify a location on a route I'm building.

I can examine my screen shots and see the one I want but would like to know where they are stored so I can load the screen shot into my picture program.

Any help will be apricated.
Dave

This will vary depending on the drive you use. But here is where mine are: E:\TRS2019 Data\build 9f3jr38s1\screenshots
Once you locate yours, I suggest creating a desktop icon for this folder to make them easier to find.

It may be a convoluted process, it is for me. I have to get to my Appdata folder first...

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\N3V Games\trs19\build l256ia6m1\screenshots

That's the complete syntax for me. Substitute your actual user name for "YourUserName", of course. You can type %appdata% in the search window to get to your appdata folder.

Best,
smyers

I moved my TS19 Data folder to be right inside my TS19 folder, why it has to be somewhere else is beyond me

In my case, I chose to put the program on my C drive (solid state) but all the data on my E drive (regular HD) to avoid running out of space on C drive. User preference.

In my case, I chose to put the program on my C drive (solid state) but all the data on my E drive (regular HD) to avoid running out of space on C drive.

That's a great idea. How do you do that?

Many thanks,
smyers

That's a great idea. How do you do that?

Many thanks,
smyers

http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:Moving_Content

In summary.

Move the content folder to a new drive. Rename it to whatever you want. I put mine on my E: drive so I have E:\TRS2019_DATA. Yes all caps so I can find it easy and not get it mixed up with something else.

Once copied, start up TRS2019.
At the Launcher, open up settings
Go to Install tab.

You may see a proposed name for a folder. Ignore that and click on the .. next to the path.
Browse to wherever you put your folder.
Click on it.
Click open.

A quick Database repair box will appear.

Restart as required. Your login information will still be there from before so there should be no reason to reenter it again.

If you are required to reenter in your login information, there's something wrong so check where you clicked, etc.

The other advantage is it's much easier to edit and find things at the folder level if you reskin or grab screenshots.

Using this method, you can copy your data elsewhere, such as on a portable drive and login into the same database from your laptop if you have one. I've done this quite often when I was traveling.

Many thanks, JCitron. I'll give this a try. Going to the screenshot folder the old way is a pain, not to mention reskinning etc.

Best,
smyers

Thanks guys
I must have been brain dead yesterday I found the screenshots with all your help.

and the idea of making a short cut to the screen shots was pure genius I just wish I had though of it LOL

Thanks again for all the help.
Dave

Thank you guys, reading this helped me to find the screenshots folder. Maybe it would be a good idea to make a shortcut in the game's opening menu where we choose Drive/Surveyor, My Collection, More Content etc. A big grey square push-button like those other options have. My Screenshots? I think screenshots are quite an important part of gaming to many. Or on the launcher window, I don't know... May be needless because it is easy to find the solution here and make our own shortcuts, took only a minute.
Thanks anyway to all of you:wave:

Back