Junction Switch Mess

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anybody knows anyways to clean up these junctions. I would prefer to have just one switch for each crossover. Is it possible? Thanks!

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

With the big levers, it's difficult to fit them. Look on the DLS for switch motors. There are numerous ones such as those by RRSignal among others that will be suitable. These sit on the ballast instead of sticking out to the side of the track. The alternative is to use invisible junction levers in those locations. They don't appear in driver unless you hover over their location. This is useful for places such as this.

Unless there's a fixed-track type switch that has that, there's no other way to use a single switch machine.

You can use MSGSapper/Mizi Junction Controller to link multiple junctions such as a double slip to work as a single unit. It does however need careful working out to get all the combinations. An alternative is to use a series of Mizi's Junction Links which link pairs of junctions. You can link a single junction with several others using a Link for each pair.

I have done extensive work on this. Indeed using junction controllers may work. I say may. Since joining points will turn the opposite, you can set it so that when your nearest (at your point of observation) point is straight, will turn the father one also to straight. If turning to the left will turn the farther left to the right. So far so good. You can do this for all the other points, and after much fiddling, turning one, turns all the others the right way. Here is where things get funny. Notice that in Trainz, points return to a default state as soon as the last car passes over them. So, as soon as the last car passes over one of the points, it returns to a default state, switching the opposite in virtue of the junction controller doing his thing, and then a consist may derail! Sounds complicated and it is. Be prepared to spend time trying it, and at the end I had to set those controllers to a minimum of functionality. But wait, there is more: Why not use DKW lantern with associated hardware? KUID:2:243555:60400:3 ? It has everything you may want to do pretty much what you want. If you try, you will see there are some flaws, because it does not switch properly all the points even if you think they are properly configured. If anybody knows the trick to properly set it, please let me know.

As john says, use smaller or motor points that can easily be set without interfering the adjacent track. Ideally you can use one that shows the points position ( straight or curve) and link it by junction controllers to the others, be invisible or motors, but beware of what I say above.

Why not use DKW lantern with associated hardware? KUID:2:243555:60400:3 ? It has everything you may want to do pretty much what you want. If you try, you will see there are some flaws, because it does not switch properly all the points even if you think they are properly configured. If anybody knows the trick to properly set it, please let me know.

DKW Laterne 36 <KUID2:243555:60400:3>

It was switch mazes such as that shown in the original post that convinced me to start using EITs and I have never looked back. They do have a learning curve and can be time consuming to set up for complex junctions, but are well worth it. All the other solutions I have tried, including the junction controller, have had problems.

I oftentimes lay many, many, BNSF50 Invisatrack paths, and slide them all overtop of my tracks, superimpose them all in register with the actual track underneath. Essentially my trains are running on the BNSF50 Invisatrack, and not at all running on the actual visible track.

This allows trains to not hunt and peck along at super slow speeds through complex interlockings, and improves and simplifies AI operation.

My switch machines are much distant than that of the actual turnout.

tyhUp4O.jpg

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anybody knows anyways to clean up these junctions. I would prefer to have just one switch for each crossover. Is it possible? Thanks!

Sorry for resurrecting an OLD post....!!!
What version are you running and where is that double slip from???!

Thanks for any help :D

Sorry for resurrecting an OLD post....!!!
What version are you running and where is that double slip from???!

Thanks for any help :D

The double-slip is procedural track. He carefully placed the track so that the points and frogs are visible. It takes some practice to get the tracks right. This was probably done in TANE or TRS19 based on the date of the original post.

Thanks John!

Certainly looks a DAMN sight better than what im used to back in TS09! Been trying to find decent ways of creating Double Slips to create some intensely engineered German Stations, but to no luck.

So this is essentially 4 normal points pushed close enough together to make it look like a double slip? I haven't seen Trainz do a procedural Double/Single Slip yet unfortunately, so wasnt sure if i would ever update or just learn to script and create custom stuff in TS09 to please myself!

Thanks for your reply!

Peter

Fascinating Stuff to learn about different uses of BNSF50 Track, as stated before, be it old or current, a wealth of information to be shared. How can you beat that......:)

Good Day all :wave:

Thanks John!

Certainly looks a DAMN sight better than what im used to back in TS09! Been trying to find decent ways of creating Double Slips to create some intensely engineered German Stations, but to no luck.

So this is essentially 4 normal points pushed close enough together to make it look like a double slip? I haven't seen Trainz do a procedural Double/Single Slip yet unfortunately, so wasnt sure if i would ever update or just learn to script and create custom stuff in TS09 to please myself!

Thanks for your reply!

Peter

You're welcome, Peter. That's all it is and heck of a lot better than I can do. When I make a double slip, they always come out crooked. There aren't any double slips yet, or track crossings in pro-track. For those we still need to put in the track object crossover guard rails manually. For TS209, you need to put all the bits and pieces in as you know including the frogs in either case. CR45 makes some nice ones for that if I remember correctly.

Back