A plea to content creators

True, but that does not seem to stop creators producing representative thumbnails for their library assets. Here are four that I found at random using CM.

Don't have a problem with showing a completed track for procedural track components but the second pic in your list was used for most, if not all, of 2042 assets by one particular user. I'm sure the same thumbnail was used by others for similar catenary components.

.. but the second pic in your list was used for most, if not all, of 2042 assets by one particular user. I'm sure the same thumbnail was used by others for similar catenary components.

Again true, and I agree that this particular creator used this for, as you stated, over 2000 assets. But at least it indicated that they were all catenary items particularly since that creator used a totally nonsensical (to me at least) way of naming the assets that gave no hint of their purpose.

The point I am trying to make is that it is possible to use a meaningful thumbnail for all assets, no matter how many you make, even if those multiple thumbnails simply include a basic graphical element that can be used to differentiate between them.

But, as Malc posted

I suspect that most of those who do not include thumbnails are not likely to be reading the forum as this comes up quite often and nothing changes.

Back