Criteria For Posting In This Section?

Vern

Trainz Maverick
After a couple of threads have been moved elsewhere, can the mods/admin please confirm exactly what should be posted under TMR...

Is it purely related to the Trainz Model Railroad product or is it to discuss and showcase the concept?

If the former, then most of the threads don't belong here as the majority of TMR work is being done in TANE or TRS2019 not the apocryphal product itself . If the latter then that should embrace all aspects of the concept, including garden railroad, proto model or any other derivative where the railway is presented as a model format in a larger external environment.

Just my guess Vern, but by observation following these threads, it would appear as long as the routes were in development and the discussion centered on development they were posted here, but once they began to be offered on the DLS they got moved to the Freeware thread as available assets.

So that would mean that we have to take care to post our upload announcements over on the Freeware subforum and not mention anything about uploading or availability on the DLS if we don't want our development postings to end up getting shifted by the mods.

YdoRXKR.jpg

Love the poster! LOL! It was my guess, Ann, but I don't think they should have moved the Garden Railroads thread over there, because you are all still discussing them in a conceptual context and coming up with specialized assets and ideas. That makes it more of a discussion, so I think it should stay here. Ultimately, I guess it is up to the moderators. P.S. could you upload that poster? I'd love to put it on the wall of one of the model railroads! :hehe:

Yes certainly I'll make a poster of it and upload it to the place we must not mention.

That was our working stuff out and discussion thread while we were developing the idea of garden railways so it's a bit annoying to have it shunted off somewhere else.

Still no official response, either from the mods or N3V who ultimately could have a say in the matter... Maybe part of the problem is that there are just too many sections and subs which leads to stuff being scattered in half a dozen different places. We have 4 different forums where stuff could potentially end up from here (TMR the original location, Surveyors, Freeware Announcements or Content Creation). Oh and the other version specific forums.

That was (to my mind) the whole point of the TMR forum in that it consolidates all aspects of this particular element of Trainz in one place.

The first post in this section is dated February 6th 2014 and refers to an earlier post on January 24th of that year. The first mention of TMR17 was on October 28th 2016. Clearly it could not have been limited to TMR but was to embrace the whole concept of model railway layout simulation by creating oversize artefacts.

I first became interested in this approach to using Trainz by a tutorial on the Ianztrainz website some years ago and have since followed this section of the forum with considerable interest and indeed made some contributions exploring possibilities other than the usual approach, that is simulating H0/00 modelling.

The issue seems to be whether newly available layouts should be announced here or in the Freeware section. Why not a compromise? Announce in Freeware with full details, with a link here, especially if the development of the layout has been a topic of discussion?

However, I do agree with Vern that
the whole point of the TMR forum in that it consolidates all aspects of this particular element of Trainz in one place.

Ray

Last edited:
Yes certainly I'll make a poster of it and upload it to the place we must not mention.

I must confess that I just right clicked on it and saved the image so I could make my own! (Utterly shameless.)

Ray

Back