In game clock

nimec

I find that there are a couple of routes where the in game clock [in the top RH corner] does not operate and that the elapsed game time is not shown. I cannot find a setting to get it going. Is there one or is that an omission by the route creator? Cheers

Thanks. On checking, I see there are three on the DLS

<kuid:102457:100288> Australian Model Railway Default QuickDrive Session Template
<kuid:29305:100219> QuickDrive rule - Performace Tweak
<kuid2:61392:5001:5> QuickDrive rule v2

Which one do you recommend I use and do I just download it and it goes across all sessions or does it need to be included in a specifc route in question?
If so I will need some guidance on how to do that as I have no idea. Keep safe. Cheers

It should be built in, so preinstalled. The quickdrive rule was a default in TANE sessions but no longer a default in TRS19 since Unified driver/surveyor.

Trainz members,

The <kuid:102457:100288> Australian Model Railway Default QuickDrive Session Template is designed for the:
Trainz Simulator 12 version 3.7 (build 61388) product and also works in the T;ANE SP4 product.

The QuickDrive rule is inbuilt for the TS12 product.

Cannot guarantee that my TS12 legacy routes and sessions fully function in the TRS 2019 product.

davies_mike57

I checked the Installed Tab in my Trs 19 Platinium and neither of the second or third kuid as in my post above were installed so maybe its not preinstalled with Trs19 after all?
so I found them on the DLS and installed them. Given Mike Davies message above I did not install that one as it seems it is for earlier versions

One of my routes that the clock does will not work is the Bear Creek & South Jackson RR and after installing the quick drive rules it still did not work.
So....... maybe there is something else some where. I've ben back to the route settings but still cant find a 'box to tick' ? Any other ideas? Cheers

Set time and rate by Dap on the DLS also works. They will need to be set up in menu=> tools=> edit session +add +edit

Why does the customer have to go through a process just to set a Game Clock? Why doesn't the vendor provide a clear and easy mechanistic for clock management?

I use the Quick Drive thing but sometime the clock is "stuck". There are other "clock management routines" available but as the vendor adjusts the GAME to meet specific objectives the "clock", and other elements must also change. But the "customers" must provide these changes.

Thanks Grazlash. Downloaded and installed the kuid Set Time and Rate. Surprised it wasn't with the initial download of the route itself. Path was not quite as you described it and it took me a while to find it, but find it I did thanks to you.

In case others have the same problem I will describe the path again.
Open the Route> Edit Session> then Edit Session in the next screen as well>Add> On the menu that comes up scroll to and find 'Set time and Rate'>Add> Tick > Exit >Exit

Did the trick for me and not only does clock now start at 10am now instead of 6.41 and work correctly all the 'fog and mist' that was in the picture has also gone and the picture is now as clear as Horace's photos on his thread. So thanks I appreciate your help. Cheers

Edit: Make sure first that you have installed that kuid of course

Back