Signals Are Simple - HUH?

boleyd

If you believe signals are not complicated try to follow the thread in the Freeware Section listed below and read the reference material that is suggested. I was amazed that Australian Trainzers were creating signaling under these guidelines. These people have to be exceptionally smart to properly incorporate this system into a simulated route!:eek:

Ranger_51's Signal Kit

Utterly brilliant, but way beyond the ability of my silly clockwork brain to fathom. I'll continue to stay with pre-WW1 semaphore signals which are much more sensible.

KG, what pre-WW 1 semaphore signals are you using ?

The ones I use are Uk signals.- chrisaw's M&H (McKenzie & Holland) slotted post signals. There's a wide selection of different types and they work well together without any problems.

Since this is my thread I will subvert it - Despite seeing some improvements, normal USA signals show red when no other train is on track. It is been guessed that the delay is to give the AI program time to recalculate the route. I could calculate faster than that with a slide rule.

So, do you have any suggestions which signals, in the mentioned group, would be close to USA type 04 and 06 signals?

Since this is my thread I will subvert it - Despite seeing some improvements, normal USA signals show red when no other train is on track. It is been guessed that the delay is to give the AI program time to recalculate the route. I could calculate faster than that with a slide rule.

So, do you have any suggestions which signals, in the mentioned group, would be close to USA type 04 and 06 signals?

Absolute signals = Type 04.
Diverge signals = Type 06.

If you are seeing long delays like that, there's something up with your signal placement. I have no issues with that unless the route has run out of steam, literally, and there are now threading issues.

Post a diagram of your setup. Maybe we can help. My setup is pretty simple because I don't ever do anything too fancy because I know how the AI will act. There are places on my routes where I've anticipated what the AI will do so I plan that into my designs.

The ones I use are Uk signals.- chrisaw's M&H (McKenzie & Holland) slotted post signals. There's a wide selection of different types and they work well together without any problems.
Thank you, that's very helpful and much appreciated !

Back