Inserting bases between others

gch

Good afternoon god people,

I have built a new layout but I have made a mistake. I have a large layout which separates UK from mainland Europe and I decided to limit the water between the 2 bits of land.

It just doesn't look right and I would like to insert a dozen or so rows of baseboards between the bits of land.

Can ths be done please ??

Graham from Shefford

Not on your route as it stands. You need to delete the UK and save as EU. Then reopen the original and delete the EU and save as GB. Now add the sea to the GB route and merge the EU to it.

Good afternoon god people,

I have built a new layout but I have made a mistake. I have a large layout which separates UK from mainland Europe and I decided to limit the water between the 2 bits of land.

It just doesn't look right and I would like to insert a dozen or so rows of baseboards between the bits of land.

Can ths be done please ??

Graham from Shefford

Hey Graham,

Firstly, the simplest way would be to open the route as it stands, then 'Save As' with a different name (say UK). Now you have two routes exactly the same. Then as Stagecoach said delete the UK baseboards on the European route and save it. Then open the UK route and delete the European baseboards then save it.

Once that is done then add baseboards for the English Channel to the European route and save it.

Then merge the UK route to the European Route and save it.

It's fiddly but it can be done.

Cheers from Australia,
Roy

There has been a request to be able to insert baseboards since at least TRS2004 when I joined. I remember questions about this back in the old forums!

I can see this not working on existing routes with a working session associated with it due to consist placement becoming totally messed up due to changes in the world origin. Doing this on a new route, without any working sessions, shouldn't be an issue. Maybe this can be raised again in the suggestion boxcar forum.

Back