TransDEM help needed - UTM tiles

K4andT1lover

Hey, folks.
I was using TransDEM to generate the southern and northern extensions of my Bethlehem Branch route, and I am baffled by something.
The southern extension section is in TANE, and shows up fine. All good.
I think I did the exact same procedure (I thought I did) for the northern extension, but the UTM tiles will not show up under the grid. I have generated them and uploaded them more than once. No luck.
The UTM tiles in the this area are critical, as so much of the track is ripped up, and I need the underlying map to be able to fill in those sections.

Once I figure out this glitch, I will have the Bethlehem Branch from Jenkintown in the south, to Bethlehem in the north; including the interchange with the Lehigh. This should open up good options for anyone wanting to take things further for coal operations or similar.

I may consider releasing the "raw" (track and topo only) route for anyone interested in this area of the country; because the detailed final version is going to take probably two years to do right.

But back to the problem - I know you guys are out there! Any suggestions? Thanks.
Ron

Solved!! I must have missed something along the way. Redid the entire procedure with new names, made sure the KUID numbers were all new, and - thankfully! - I have the northern section with good DEM and map data. Time to lay some more track, and look at old maps. :)

Were the tiles always there?
I also made a new map using TransDem, 2.6, the baseboard exported correctly, the selected rails and roads where also exported as splines. The UTM tiles were also made and saved.
In Trainz TRS19 Platinum, the route opened and the rails and roads were placed. I didn't see any tiles. Looking in the Scenery tab I saw the tiles and could manually place them. For some reason they were not automatically placed. Still trying to figure out what I did wrong.

My bad. I had forgotten that the last time I had used TransDEM was in a previous version of Trainz. :eek: So when I imported my new route with the tiles, I was looking at my content in content manager and everything seemed OK. Only later when I checked the dependencies did I see that there were a whole set of missing assets, specifically from GeoPhil. :eek: After importing those CDP files from my TransDem folder, the tiles appeared in my route.

Now to get back to my route building thanks to the help from TransDEM.:D

Back