Decouple Function?

boleyd

I see four decouple Driver Commands. Are all 4 working? Do they all do the same thing?
Should I stop using the uncouplez command? Just a bit confusing.
I believe I saw a message that there was an issue with the decouple2 command.
The censors pulled the couplez command I always used before.

Dick
Unlike MP 242, all of my operations are AI. For decoupling I use the "uncouple from" Drivers command. I've neve had trouble. Just remember: the engine is 0.

The major problem with the uncouple/decouple driver commands occurs when they are used in a driver schedule - i.e. a list of pre-programmed commands in the Driver Setup Rule. When the driver reaches the uncouple/decouple command there is no guarantee that the named wagon, where the uncoupling is to take place, will be in the consist. This is particularly true with the built-in Decouple command or any command that uses the names of wagons. Commands that use the wagon number to identify the location where the decouple is to occur do not have this problem. Decouple still works perfectly well when entered directly into the driver command bar in Driver Mode, but not when entered into the Driver Setup Rule in Surveyor mode.

Recommended alternatives to Decouple are Decouple DLX, Decouple Number #, Uncouplez and UncouplezFrom

Hi pware,

Can you or someone else tell me, WHY oh WHY I cannot set up specific cars to decouple in Driver Setup???
To do the decouple in the Driver Mode completely defeats the whole purpose of AI Control, right??

Dave

The last time I used them, Decouple DLX, Decouple Number #, Uncouplez and UncouplezFrom, all worked perfectly. I have so far not used them in TRS19.

I did get an explanation some time ago from N3V about Decouple but I have forgotten the exact details. It was vaguely along the lines that the command had not been updated to match the changes that have been made to Trainz. Such an update was "on the to do list" and they recommended that it not be used in the Driver Setup Rule but it was still working when inserted directly into the Driver Command Bar. They also recommended that the alternatives be used in the Driver Setup rule instead. That recommendation I fully agree with as the alternatives work and some of them (Decouple DLX in particular IIRC) offer additional features that Decouple does not.

Refer to http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Driver_Commands_List#Train_Operation_Commands

Last edited:
Back