Identity of Missing Orange Items?

boleyd

We are shown an orange box to indicate to us that an item is missing and not available on the database. However, the identity of the missing item is not revealed. I asked about this a few years ago and was told that N3v does not know the identity of the item. That seemed curious since the customer requested the item through a KUID which N3V could not locate. Therefore, the identity is the KUID requested by the customer.

Knowing the KUID would perhaps enable locating the item. I will confess that there may be a KUID available and I just cannot see it for some reason. My embarrassment is a small price to pay to know what is missing. :(

Let's just say the system ain't perfect. Settle & Carlisle landscapes are full of orange boxes for missing assets that the system asserts are present. Mostly trees or vegetation. One I was able to identify was the Goods Shed London Road, which installs fine on my test route but not on its home ground.

Trouble ticket is in and acknowledged....

:B~/

Doubts, well founded I should think. They'll never sort that mess out and it makes the S&C route look pathetic. Admittedly you can turn those boxes off, but what did the route look like originally, vastly different.

Back