Cornish and mainline Branch wont load up correctly??

robynne

Hi All, I am having problems loading any Cornish Mainline and Branches sessions.. Example" Helston Freight Run" The loading up of the session is very slow between start of loading and the last part to load. The scenery and locos etc when all loaded ,the page says "Train derailed start again "Follow instructions " I have not touched any controls,and then the page slowly fades away to a blank page.The speed controller is the first to vanish as will the balance of indicators leaving a fading page with the only to get out of this situation is to push escape as instructed.This problem has been before the "Top Brass" but there answer is reinstall the faulty session which i have found out how to and start again .(go into Packages and delete all "SC 484"numbers and reinstall all again which they told me how to do and i have done this ,but still does not work .All other games on my TRS19 work correctly.Hope anyone can help if so many thanks,cheers, Robynne. P.S. Should this TSR19 be run on C Drive or any other hard drive?? Does it make any difference..This problem exists for all sessions in Cornish and Mainline branch with similar or the same problems.

Trainz will install on any drive you ask it to. But the data will always go to the C drive and this can take a large chunk out of it with all the assets you add. Open launch screen and click on settings, select install and make a note of the path that leads to the folder. Find the folder and copy the folder that says build*********** and paste on another drive. Go back to settings install and put the new path into the window. If all works delete the original build folder only.

Robynne,
Are you running TRS19 version 105096? If you are, then the sessions are broken because of the addition of Navigation Display V4, which breaks any session for 105096 because it supercedes Navigation Display V2. This was part of the new Coal Country update for TRS19. I was told that it only broke sessions for the routes that came with the game for 105096 and below, but now I've heard in a different thread that someone with a higher version also has broken sessions, but possibly from something else than the Navigation Display version4.

I just loaded up the Freight Delivery session for Cornish, and the engine derailed shortly after I was driving it. I checked in surveyor, and in the rules, Navigation Display is broken, showing with a red X on it's line.

I submitted a bug report and that is how I found out about the Navigation Display problem. I've checked sessions in other routes in my TRS19 105096 version, and they are all broken. Without a fix from N3V, I can't run sessions for TRS19 routes that I purchased. The partial work-around is to delete all the packages for Coal Country, and this causes the TRS19 version to revert back to Navigation Display V2, so you can run sessions again. But, you won't be able to use Coal Country. If you don't care for that particular route, then that would be your fix. I happen to enjoy all the routes I've paid for, and it vexes me that I would have to delete one that I paid for and really enjoy, just to be able to enjoy the other route sessions.

I was told that N3V would be looking into fixing this. I am hoping that is so.

Heinrich505

Stagecoach75377. Yes I'm running trs19 on separate hard drive and its ok..The real answer for my problem comes from Heinrich505 in short has a bug in Cornish mainline but i can fix it hopefully cheers,Robynne

The only solution if you enjoy Coal Country, is to run a separate install purely for one route. :eek: Not a solution at all really. As I mainly build routes it does not affect me much, however, a new member could instantly be turned off the game simply because they chose the 'wrong' route to install. If we were in beta it would be a showstopper, URGENT fix needed.
cheers
Graeme

grazlash yes thanks just what I am going to do all on separate hard drive,Very poor help from "support teams" thanks for your help.robynne

Have you tried the redownload of TRS19 from your my trainz account? It should have build 105100, the last public release.

Hi All
I have tested this here in TRS19 SP1, and the latest Trainz Plus releases, and can confirm that we have reproduced some issues relating to this DLC pack in TRS19 SP1, however these issues do not occur in newer builds (TRS19 Platinum, build 105100/105113; or newer Trainz Plus builds). As such, we currently expect the issues being seen with Coal Country to be resolved in the next update for TRS19 itself, which we hope will become available later in the year.

Regards

There is another problem that I'm having with the Cornish Mainline and Branches DLC. I installed it from disc, and noticed a few bugs in the session rules. While poking around with it, I noticed that I have version 13, upload date 06-DEC-2018. However, the official DLC version is number 17, upload date 16-JAN-2020. The Download Station considers these to be different DLC, and I am told that I have to pay $20 to upgrade to version 17. Is this a bug?

There is another problem that I'm having with the Cornish Mainline and Branches DLC. I installed it from disc, and noticed a few bugs in the session rules. While poking around with it, I noticed that I have version 13, upload date 06-DEC-2018. However, the official DLC version is number 17, upload date 16-JAN-2020. The Download Station considers these to be different DLC, and I am told that I have to pay $20 to upgrade to version 17. Is this a bug?

No, have you put your username and password into the settings? Once entered the content store will give you access to your free content.

I double-checked, and it is logged in just fine. I can download all of the DLC that I have bought, and all of their updates, but I can't download the updates to this one route that I installed from disc. The other disc content is downloadable from my account, with the exception of this one.

Edit: Ignore this post. I poked around some more and found out that I hadn't finished registering the product. :eek:

It works just fine now, and I am an idiot.

Last edited:
Stll not working

Hi All
I have tested this here in TRS19 SP1, and the latest Trainz Plus releases, and can confirm that we have reproduced some issues relating to this DLC pack in TRS19 SP1, however these issues do not occur in newer builds (TRS19 Platinum, build 105100/105113; or newer Trainz Plus builds). As such, we currently expect the issues being seen with Coal Country to be resolved in the next update for TRS19 itself, which we hope will become available later in the year.

Regards

I am new to Trainz and therefore can not play around with the game as much as you experienced guys but I can confirm this is still bugged as I can not finish the freight run either and I am running TRS19 build 11952 (cornwal build 100542.5). Near the end it even 'jumps' to another driver and even when it is finished, with no derailments, it just just ends with no score when I uncouple the loco. I do not have the 'Coal Run' route as I have not purchased it.

Very frustrating for 'new' players who want to get into Trainz and I must admit I am not impressed with the errors I have found. This thread is nearly a year old and no fix unless I delete sessions? Not good enough. If you want to put off new players, this is the way to do it.

I also run through Steam so I expect any fixes to be installed automatically so I am sure I am not missing any updates. So many errors I am getting put off this game which, when it works, could be brilliant.

Last edited:
Back